Senior Engineer -Data
GEICO'S - Data Movement team of Data, Security & Infrastructure (DSI) department is seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to start or continue an IT career at GEICO on the GEICO Data Hub Telematics Project. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be building, Scaling ELT/ETL pipelines and will be working on Telematics Data with large volume. Candidate will be responsible for delivering the vision and strategy for modern data, analytics, and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) to provide an end-to-end ecosystem for data storage, ingestion, transformation, analytics, and AI/ML. We are an agile team that builds complex solutions, and you will be working on next generation of platform.
In this role, you will:
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery for greater scalability
• Build the processes required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data using a variety of languages and technologies such as Scala, Python, Kafka, Azure Data Factory, Fivetran/HVR, dbt, and Databricks
• Collaborate with stakeholders including the Product, Data Engineering, and Agile Delivery teams in an agile environment to assist and resolve data-related issues and support data delivery needs
• Work with other data platform or data domain teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
• Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
Experience & Skills:
• At least 2 years of experience with designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining solutions for Big Data or data warehouse system
• At least 2 Years of experience working in DBT and Snowflake.
• At least 2 Years of experience working in a cloud environment such as Azure, AWS or other private or public cloud
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Strong analytical skills related wot working with unstructured datasets
• Good experience with bringing data into a centralized data repository or manipulating the available data to build additional data sets for Analytics and Reporting purposes.
• Experienced with maintaining data quality throughout the lifecycle of the data.
• Experience with Data Modeling, source to target mapping, automated testing frameworks, CI/CD pipelines and task automation using scripting
• Experienced with working in Agile environment and end to end automation
• Developing new and enhancing existing data processing (Data Ingest, Data Transformation, Data Store, Data Management, Data Quality) components
• Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug and optimize SQL queries and ETL jobs to reduce the execution window or reduce resource utilization
• Data Engineering experience focused on batch and real-time data pipelines development, Data processing/data transformation using ETL/ELT tools, SnowPipe, dbt, or Databricks
• Experience with Cloud Data Warehouse solutions experience (Snowflake, Azure DW, Redshift or similar technology in other private or public clouds).
• Complete software development lifecycle experience including design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployment
• Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent professional experience required
• At least 2 years of experience in data engineering using open-source technology stack along with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
• At least 2 years of experience with designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining solutions for data ingestion and transformation projects with dbt, SnowPipe, or DataBricks
• At least 2 years of advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with cloud databases
• 4+ years of experience with dbt, SnowPipe, or DataBricks
• 2+ years of experience with SQL writing advanced SQL
• 1+ years of experience working on real-time data and streaming applications (Spark Streaming or Kafka)
• 1+ years of experience working with Cloud Data Warehouse solutions (i.e., Snowflake, Synapse, Redshift)
• 3+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
$82,000.00 - $185,000.00
The above annual salary range is a general guideline. Multiple factors are taken into consideration to arrive at the final hourly rate/ annual salary to be offered to the selected candidate. Factors include, but are not limited to, the scope and responsibilities of the role, the selected candidate’s work experience, education and training, the work location as well as market and business considerations.
Come for the commercials & savings, stay for the service & so much more!