Sr Engineer - Data
When our square shaped burgers made their first sizzle on the scene more than 50 years ago, people knew our approach wasn’t like any other. Same goes for the way we support our employees. Our culture of openness, flexibility, and inclusiveness allows everybody to flourish in their own way. If you’re looking for a career where you can be part of the action as we continue to grow our iconic brand – We got you!Overview:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and executing all aspects of integrations between the various (source) systems and the Wendy’s Data platform. In the context of delivering strategic Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics use cases, you will be responsible for leading the design of data pipelines and owning their development, testing and release working with internal and external engineering resources.
The primary focus of this role is to lead the design and development of data movement (ETL) into and within the Wendy’s data platform both on premise and in cloud, ETL architecture design and working closely with the extended BI & Data Management team for opportunities to deliver “Data as a service”. As the Senior Data Engineer, you will be expected to design and build operationally robust data pipelines that can be supported efficiently and minimize escalations to you. Another key element of the role is to contribute towards best practices and frameworks to deliver a scalable data platform using newer tools and technology.
- Adapts and executes all technical aspects of the Wendy’s Data platform including:
- Work to scope and execute any onboarding of new data sources / metrics.
- Transitions to new platforms.
- Resolve roadblocks for other team members.
- Work with IT vendor partners to ensure solutions operate effectively.
- Complete complex sprint assignments involving challenging projects and high level of skill, expertise and attention to detail.
- Help lead the technical direction of the team, assist in road mapping enhancements for Data Warehouse and Data Pipelines.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and recommend solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate in requirement gathering, story scoping and project timeline efforts to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage existing implementations and execute system configuration changes.
- Partner with other Developers and Product Owners to understand requirements and provide scalable solutions in alignment with business technology strategy and architecture.
- Support the key stakeholder for change management and training shepherding new features to production.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Bachelors Degree, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Engineer in building ETL/ELT, data warehousing and big data solutions
- Experience with scalable cloud data technologies (Google Cloud preferred), examples include Dataflow, Dataproc, Dataflow, Dataprep, Cloud Composer, Big Query, Snowflake, Looker, Databricks, Hadoop, Spark, Snaplogic
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines, Unix shell scripts and commands
- Cloud Architect (AWS or GCP or Azure) Certification is a plus
- Exhibits well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and multi-tasking skills, within a rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectivly communicate complicated technical topics in a manner that is understood by non-technical team members
- Ability to question directions / roadmaps / plans in a manner that is insightful & respectful
- Ability to mentor junior team members related to technical skills and performance
Wendy’s was built on the premise, "Quality is our Recipe®," which remains the guidepost of the Wendy's system. Today, Wendy's and its franchisees employ hundreds of thousands of people across more than 7,000 restaurants worldwide with a vision of becoming the world's most thriving and beloved restaurant brand.Education: Bachelor's Degree