Senior Data Engineer, Data Engineering
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for the identifying, developing, and maintaining the technologies that enable the efficient flow of data throughout the organization. This role requires an enterprise mindset to build out robust, high-performance technology.
Duties and Responsibilities, aligned with Key Results:
- Use a variety of programming languages and tools to develop, test, and maintain data pipelines within the Platform Reference Architecture.
- Working directly with management, product teams and practice personnel to understand their platform data requirements
- Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that encourages productive interactions with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Developing and engaging with team members by creating a motivating work environment that recognizes, holds team members accountable, and rewards strong performance
- Fostering an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment, promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration and self-organization while delivering high quality solutions
- Collaborating on an Agile team to design, develop, test, implement and support highly scalable data solutions
- Collaborating with product teams and clients to deliver robust cloud-based data solutions that drive tax decisions and provide powerful experiences
- Analyzing user feedback and activity and iterate to improve the services and user experience
- Securing data in alignment with internal information and data security policies, best practices and client requirements
- Creating and implementing robust cloud-based data solutions that scale effectively, and provide powerful experiences for both internal teams and clients
- Performing unit tests and conducting reviews with other team members to make sure solutions and code are rigorously designed, elegantly coded and effectively tuned for performance
- Staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a related field.
- 7+ years of experience developing data technologies.
- 7+ years of experience deploying ETL solutions in production environments.
- 7+ years of experience with cloud-based data services, preferably in AWS or Azure.
- 7+ years of experience developing Python, Scala, Java, .Net or similar solutions in a backend or data wrangling capacity.
- 7+ years of experience in mixed Windows/Linux environments.
Additional Required Skills and Experience:
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Fluency in one or more databases, preferably relational and NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience with distributed data platforms is a plus.
- Exposure to AI/ML pipelines is preferred.
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining data pipelines in production environments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Requires supervisory responsibilities, including training employees, assigning work, and assuring quality throughout any deliverables
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: As Needed
* For Denver, CO-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is
$135,000 - $165,000.
* For New York, NY-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is
* For Bellevue, WA- based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is
* For Carlsbad, Glendale, Irvine, Los Angelos, Sacramento, and San Diego, CA-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $140,750-$173,000.
* For Oakland and San Jose, CA-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $155,000-$185,000.
*The Company makes offers based on many factors, including qualifications and experience
Largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Sharing insights on global tax solutions, maximizing tax performance, and life at R...