Senior Data Engineer
See yourself at Radian? We see you here too.
At Radian, we see you. For the person you are and the potential you hold. That’s why we’ve embraced a new way of working that lets our people across the country be themselves, be their best and be their boldest. Because when each of us is truly seen, each of us gives our best – and at Radian, we’ll give you our best right back.
Studies have shown that job seekers may hesitate to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification listed. We strive to see the potential in each applicant, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience or education level doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
See Yourself as a Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for helping to build disruptive data products and services for the real estate industry that have a direct impact on Radian’s growth. This position develops database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval, and reporting according to project specification. The Senior Data Engineer participates and leads small teams on assignments to accomplish project goals. The focus of this position will be on data warehouse and ETL activities.
See Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares database loadable files for the data warehouse.
- Applies pre-defined business transformation rules.
- Designs and develops back-end databases for business intelligence applications.
- Program, test, implement and maintain any data extraction programs necessary to extract the data.
- Designs and develops ETL processes for delivery into the data warehouse.
- Ensuring the correct application of the business rules through data query after the data is loaded into the Data Warehouse.
- Perform Data conversion, Quality and Verification activities.
- Perform SQL tuning for PL/SQL procedures, Views, BI reports, etc.
- Create and manage daily, weekly, and monthly data operations and schedule processes.
- Participation in design sessions chaired by data stewards and/or IT personnel where decisions are made involving the transformation from source to target.
- Develop and implement the error handling strategy for ETL.
- Assist with ensuring documentation is create and up to date on all projects and operational systems.
- Perform bug fixing, trouble shooting and assist with user support for existing applications.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to thrive in a geographically distributed organization.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
See the Job Specifications
- 5+ years experience in database development (Microsoft SQL Server 2019+, Microsoft SQL Integration Services
- Thorough understanding of database theory and practice (ETL,OLTP,OLAP, DataVault And Star Schema design patterns)
- Understand business requirements around analytic data.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Design, implement and maintain ETL processes for our analytic data.
- Ability to learn new technologies and methodologies and apply them to what we are building.
- Financial/Mortgage Industry Experience a plus.
Your Skills and Abilities:
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Demonstrated Non-SQL programming experience (R, Python, Java, C, C++, Spark, Graph, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior engineers and drive design/solutioning of complex data problems within a team setting.
- Proven ability to quickly understand client requirements and translate them into software developer requirements.
- Strong technical estimating skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously.
- Takes ownership of actions and outcomes.
- Willing and capable to remain open, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Business Analytics.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts.
- Reporting dashboard development experience.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Azure, Spark/EMR/Hive/Presto and data warehouse technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, ElasticSearch.
- Non-SQL programming experience (R, Python, Java, C, C++, Spark, Graph, etc.).
Your Education, Certifications and Prior Work-Related Experience:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Degree Preferred: Master's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Work Experience: 6+ years of prior work experience
See Your Location
Radian is committed to a flexible work environment for many of our roles. This is a *Work From Anywhere* role meaning you have the flexibility to work from home (or another designated workspace that fits your needs).
This role provides additional flexibility should you want to work on-site at a Radian office. Explore our office locations here and let your Talent Acquisition Partner know you would be interested in working on-site.
*Work From Anywhere is subject to Radian’s Alternative Work Policy and business needs.
See Why You Should Work With Us
- Competitive Compensation: anticipated base salary from $95,025 to $152,200 based on skills and experience. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
- Our Company Makes an Impact. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, HousingWire’s Tech 100, and The Forum of Executive Women’s Champion of Board Diversity. Radian has also pledged to PwC’s CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion commitment.
- Rest and Relaxation. This role is eligible for 25 days of paid time off annually, which is prorated in the year of hire based on hire date. In addition, based on your hire date, you will be eligible for 9 paid holidays + 2 floating holiday in support of our DEI culture.
- Health & Welfare Benefits. Multiple medical plan choices, including HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
- Prepare for your Future. 401(k) with a top of market company match (did we mention the company match is immediately vested?!) and an opportunity to participate in Radian’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Parental Leave. An opportunity for all new parents to embrace this exciting change in their lives.
- Employee Assistance and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with development disabilities, to scoring discounts with thousands of retailers.
- Pet Insurance. To help protect our furry family members.
See More About Radian
Radian is a fintech servicing the mortgage and real estate services industry. As a team, we pride ourselves on seeing the potential of every person, every idea and every day.
Seeing each other at Radian goes far beyond our open, flexible culture. It means seeing our people’s potential – and creating inspiring career paths that help them get there. Or seeing new pathways and innovating for the future of our industry. It means seeing each other for all that we are. And it means seeing our purpose as one that extends beyond the bottom line – having an impact on communities across the country to help more people achieve the American Dream of homeownership.
We hope you’ll see yourself at Radian. See more about us at Radian.com.
Defining Roles for Radian's Future
Understanding the qualities and characteristics that define a Leader and an Employee is important to building our future-fit workforce. Radian's future is only as bright as its people. For that reason, our People Plan includes profiles to support the qualities and characteristics that each Leader as well as each Employee should embody upon hire or via development.
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Details
To learn more about Radian’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and workplace conduct, please click [here]. Radian participates in E-Verify [Link] (en español [Link]). Learn more about your rights under immigration laws [Link] (en español [Link]). View the "EEO is the Law" poster [Link]. View the "EEO is the Law" Supplement [Link]. View Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision [Link].
Whether you require an accommodation for the job application or interview process, Radian is dedicated to a barrier-free employment process and encourages a diverse workforce. If you have questions about the accommodation process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by technology, informed by data and driven to deliver new levels of service to our customers across the mortgage and real estate spectrum.