Modern Data Warehouse Architect
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
As a Data Warehouse Architect, the role is accountable for defining and socializing the data warehousing practices across the Allstate corporation. This position works with the business and technology partners to create a strategic vision of a data-driven enterprise. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, analytical thinker who considers multiple options, exercises good judgement, and maintain good client relations. This role will require working consistently with abstract ideas and situations across business units to support enterprise objectives.
Further, this role collaborates with key stakeholders across business, technology and corporate functions to establish and implement data warehouse products that help our customers leverage their data to develop business insights. This role will focus on large scale data lake implementation and data warehouse modernization through engagements that will focus on customer solutions such as data warehousing, business intelligence, and advanced analytics tools. This role will provide strategic guidance for technical and business teams on ingestion, integration, data visualization, and advanced analytics.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Drive the evolution and data architecture for a scalable and secure data platform
- Work closely business partners, architecture, security, and engineering teams to design and implement a modern data lake and data warehouse architecture
- Engage with strategic customers and ensure their future needs and vision are top of mind for a data-driven enterprise
- Oversee deployment of long-term strategic data products and infusing key data and analytics services in applicable areas of business and IT
- Build cloud native microservices architecture for data with focus on IaaS, metadata driven frameworks and DevOps
- Design and guide practices for data models, data flows, and integration patterns for the data lake, data warehouse, and consumption data layers
- Support delivery leaders and engineers in building and managing conceptual, logical, and physical architecture
- Collaborate and design high priority prototypes in a cloud platform and demonstrate value and feasibility of the solutions and architecture
- Be involved in all project phases and drive architecture initiatives
- Communication with senior and executive leadership on architecture initiatives
- Strong communicator individually, in groups and in presentations with a vision for how cloud data platforms can enable a better future powered by data
- Product development mindset and expertise in CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with big data platforms, SQL & no SQL databases
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of development and/or DBA experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning MPP databases (Oracle Exadata, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in lead roles architecting solutions at scale for cloud data platforms
- Experience with prioritization of projects that mitigate trade-offs
- Experience in analyzing Data Warehouses such as Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, etc.
- Experience in analyzing Cloud Data Warehouses such as AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse, or Snowflake, etc.
- Experience designing database environments, analyzing production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Experience designing analytics environments for use with data visualization and model development tools
- Has hands on experience architecting and building secure, scalable, and flexible enterprise data projects using AWS and other on-prem and cloud native platforms
- Expertise in building secure and scalable data ingestion, ETL/ELT solutions using various server-based and serverless tools
- Experience with data warehouse data structure modeling and key definition with tools such as ERWIN or others
- Experience with data structures and models for a microservices environment, data lake and cloud data warehouses and supporting downstream applications based on various modeling tools and platforms
- Hands on experience in leading large-scale enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects
- Strong SQL skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Experience working within agile methodologies
- Working within a scaled agile program and collaborating with product managers in creating and managing technical backlog of stories and epics
- Expertise in all the Cloud based services such as: S3, IAM, SNS/SQS
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $102,500.00-$170,375.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
The brand with the hands advocating for a life well protected in 280 characters or less.