Senior Data Solutions Architect - GRM US
The Global Retail Markets (GRM) US Data Architecture team is activity searching for a Senior Architect. Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers, agents, and partners. As an experienced architect you’ll play a critical role in helping us reshape our core data platform via a modern cloud-based architecture, all while working in a highly collaborative agile engineering environment. You will be part of the team that establishes our enterprise data mesh strategy and modern distaster recovery process and continutity planning using the latest cloud technology and techniques.
You’ll be responsible for the architecture of large-scale enterprise grade solutions with an initial focus on our go forward Data Lake platfrom enabling AI & ML solutions that will drive our business growth. You will establish technology standards and roadmaps while still having the opportunity to get into the code via the development of exemplar patterns, data piplines, and MLOps that will be leveraged to accelerate our data engineering team’s delivery. We are looking for a change agent that will play a critical role moving our technology and business forward, solving the most complex problems, and providing leadership of cross functional teams that will unlock positive business outcomes in this space.
This role requires a diversity of background, mindset, experiences, and approaches. Liberty Mutual is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. By doing so we are transforming how we collaborate and therefore the quality of our architecture, software, and products. Please read more about our DEI initiatives here.
About the role:
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation with a focus on data strategy and data cloud.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop data strategy and cloud architecture.
- Shape enterprise data architecture design patterns, design principles and best practices enhancing business solution delivery.
- Integrate disparate data models across the company into one enterprise-wide Unified Data Platform design
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Consult with various teams to determine and refine AI/ML objectives enabled by moder MLOps.
- Participate in development of enterprise strategy for AI/ML model development, training, deployment, operations, and compliance.
- Drive culture of standardization in data transformation.
- Interaction with software engineering and infrastructure teams to understand data requirements for new products or features.
- Lead technology proof of concepts and benchmarks to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture, governance and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures with an emphasis on the data layer.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor architects, engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
- Bachelor`s or Master’s degree in technical discipline;
- 10+ years of architecture experience in data development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Display strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principles and technology modernization.
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
- Experience in messaging platforms, protocols, and techniques such as Kafka, and event sourcing.
- Experience with Event based application architecture and design.
- Experience deploying applications in cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, and can elaborate on the -aaS hierarchy.
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, EMR, EC2, and Amazon RedShift preferred.
- Experience in a wide variety of data storage technologies, from RDBMS to NoSQL, Graph and object storage and can explain their varied use cases.
- Experience with statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. R, Python scikit learn, Spark MLlib, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse technologies including Teradata and Snowflake.
- Experience with gathering end user requirements and writing technical documentation
- Time management and multitasking skills to effectively meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to suggest innovative solutions based on new technologies and latest trends
- Understanding of data security and data access controls and design aspects
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Excellent client facing and team player skills
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Get your free insurance quote online from Liberty Mutual. Bundle your policies to save on auto, renters, home, motorcycle and more.