Data Warehouse Architect
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
This position will drive architecture solutions within our Data Warehouse and will create and provide direction and oversight on the design of relational and dimensional models. The Data Warehouse Architect will interface with system architects, development, product, database, and data science teams to resolve data issues, drive capture of data needed by business customers and provide consumers of the data with efficient models.
• Evolve and support the basic tenets of good data architecture
• Provide technical leadership in developing vision, strategy, architecture, and overall design for assigned domain
• Actively facilitate complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions, and drives decision making process
• Ensure architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, and flexible
• Proactively identify reuse opportunities
• Articulate tradeoffs, benefits, and risks of different architecture and design solutions
• Own the strategy around the data warehouse in terms of system monitoring, capacity planning, disaster recovery, and architecture
• Design, Implement and Manage Data Models
• Work closely with Data Engineers
• Work with data scientists to specify data requirements for data science initiatives
• Work with product to specify data requirements for reporting initiatives
• Work with data owners to understand the data schema, data flow, and develop data dictionaries
• Develop a deep understanding of ingested data from a business perspective
** Pay Range for this position is - $120k-$150k
• Minimum 8 years of related experience working with large and complex data warehouse systems with hands-on architecture experience
• Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in database performance tuning preferred
• Extensive technical knowledge of Data Warehouse Architecture and ETL/ELT
• Experience with Snowflake preferred
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence platforms, PowerBI preferred
• Strive to have a logical, analytical, and creative approach to solving problems
• Ability to work both in a team and independently
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure
• Good time management skills to plan and organize own work
• Ability to work with data teams and technical teams
All team members are expected to have a mindset of respect, collaboration, improvement and learning cycles, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace