Data Engineer, Product Analytics - Monetization
From making valuable connections between people and businesses to building premium services that deliver high-value experiences, the monetization organization at Meta empowers people and businesses to succeed in the global economy. As Meta focuses on building the next evolution of social experiences, the monetization team plays a crucial role in shaping the communication pathways and financial tools that all sized businesses, especially small to medium ones, need to thrive in the new digital economic environment. And we achieve that from end-to-end product and technology innovation.
As a data engineer on the monetization team at Meta, you can help build cutting-edge full-stack technologies that will transform the way people and businesses connect and communicate. You’ll help develop industry-leading solutions that power next-generation, large-scale platforms and AI services to help connect billions of people around the world.Data Engineer, Product Analytics - Monetization Responsibilities
- Manage and execute data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products to solve well-scoped problems
- Identify the data needed for a business problem and implement logging required to ensure availability of data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights in a meaningful way
- Build data expertise and leverage data controls to ensure privacy, security, compliance, data quality, and operations for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build and launch new data models and visualizations in production, leveraging common development toolkits
- Independently design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production, mentoring others around efficient queries
- Support existing processes running in production and implement optimized solutions with limited guidance
- Define and manage SLA for data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in data engineering
- Experience with SQL, ETL, data modeling, and at least one programming language (e.g., Python, C++, C#, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following: data processing automation, data quality, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, data visualization, data privacy
- Experience working with terabyte to petabyte scale data
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
$109,000/year to $166,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels and U.S. locations that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level and final location. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include the company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits , if applicable.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse.