Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Paycor empowers leaders to develop winning teams. Our Human Capital Management (HCM) software modernizes every aspect of People Management from the way you recruit, onboard, develop, pay, and retain employees. Best of all? Our team is growing, and there’s never been a better time to join! If you love to Think Big, Dream Big, Compete to Win, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
This role will be working with the Finance, Information Technology, and Database Administration teams to assist in the development of our Enterprise Data Warehouse. This position requires that the candidate understands database technology, the creation of database objects, and management of a modern-day data warehouse.
The candidate will build database tables, views, and scripts to populate the Paycor Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) on Snowflake. They will also support, manage, and otherwise trouble-shoot the daily population and performance of the EDW. All database objects will be developed based on the technical designs provided by the Principal Data Architect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with the principal data architect to deploy data models
• Creates and manages Snowflake database objects, including tables, views, tasks, and streams
• Identifies and queries data sources to get required data
• Coordinates with data integration developer to ensure timely population of databases
• Manages data flows and movements within the Snowflake environment
• Maintains and documents all developed technical objects
• Presents and gathers feedback on the finished product
• Improves performance and extends functionality
• Assists developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
• Conducts testing for objects developed
• Remediates defects as identified
• Crafts and executes queries upon request for data
• Works with DevOps team to get database objects promoted into production environment
• Participates and complies with all agile development ceremonies, processes, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering or related field and 4+ years of experience or a Masters and 2+ years of experience in a related field
• At least 5 years of experience in SQL database development (SNOWFLAKE, MS SQL)
• Experience working in an agile development team
• Experience with additional programming languages (python, java)
• Experience with APIs and JSON
• Understanding of Change Data Capture (CDC) and data streaming
• Superior organizational skills, with a disciplined approach to implementation, support and documentation
• Strong analytical skills
Join our team to make a difference in people’s lives, every day.
Paycor Total Rewards
We are proud to provide best-in-class benefits delivering a personal and professional experience that meets you where it matters most - the well-being of you and your loved ones.
- A flexible virtual-first work philosophy
- An initial equity award in Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for all new Associates and on-going award opportunities to participate in the value created through Paycor's growth
- 401(k) with $.65 match for every dollar contributed up to 6% of eligible pay
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 paid holidays (including YOUR Holiday to celebrate a day or holiday you hold special)
- Three medical plan options – including a $0 cost option and travel & lodging support to ensure access to medical care
- Paid leave for birth parents, non-birth parents, elder caregivers, and military support
- Sabbatical opportunities for tenured Associates
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which enables you to buy PYCR stock at a 15% discount
- Inclusive and accessible Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help with everyday challenges
We also offer competitive compensation determined by each individual's relevant experience, skills, and education. We anticipate the base pay for this position to be between $85,540-146,040. In addition to base pay, Paycor Associates are eligible for either a performance-based annual bonus or commission, depending on their position. If your desired salary falls outside of these rates, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.
For more information about our total rewards, please visit www.mypaycorbenefits.com.
Paycor offers a modern, easy-to-use, unified HCM platform plus a dedicated support team and thought leadership to help your organization achieve its p...