Principal Engineer Data Engineering
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The VZC Center of Excellence BI team drives business transformation by creating a single source of truth for business performance and diagnostics to enable faster and frictionless flow of information. We are seeking a talented and motivated leader to accelerate our efforts to drive trust of our data, democratize insights of that data, and ensure the adoption of a data culture at Verizon Connect.
As a Data Engineer Lead, you will serve as Data Champion for strategic critical domains. You will be responsible for creating vetted centralized data repositories (fact tables, staging tables, data lakes) for all key stakeholders. We will push for a self-serve environment where data is easily accessible to all VZC data consumers (Finance, CS, Marketing, Product, Sales & PMO).
- Identify data sources, integrate multiple sources or types of data
- Develop & lead data strategy, priorities and goals for SOT
- Design architecture, solution standards for the SOT data
- Build data assets that enhance the quality of overall data structures (Data dictionary) feeding the data science, Business intelligence and Data analytics program
- Design, develop tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, function, triggers and other DB
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and office days as set by manager, ideally near any valid US VBG Verizon Administrative Office. Additional locations may be considered.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in working with databases, reporting tools and ETL software
- Experience with data platforms & tools: Teradata, Oracle, BigQuery, Snowflake, RedShifto, etc
- Experience in database query languages, particularly various SQL dialects
- Experience in data management and data mining techniques
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree. Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Engineering
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and critical thinking
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and determine priorities.
- Experience with cloud based applications
- Google Cloud Experience
Where you’ll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.Scheduled Weekly Hours
40Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.If you are hired into a Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $117,000.00 and $218,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
From can’t misses to must--shares, Ver zon is #TheNetworkAmericaReliesOn