Senior Data Engineer
Press Ganey , the leading Human Experience (HX) healthcare performance improvement company, offers an integrated suite of solutions that address safety, clinical excellence, patient experience and workforce engagement. The company works with more than 41,000 healthcare facilities in its mission to reduce patient suffering and enhance caregiver resilience to improve the overall safety, quality, and experience of care. Press Ganey is a PG Forsta company.
Our company is looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will be responsible for designing and building scalable and robust data systems. The ideal candidate will be an expert in data engineering technologies, have a strong understanding of data architecture, and be able to work with large and complex data sets. The Senior Data Engineer will also work closely with the data science and analytics teams to ensure data integrity and develop data pipelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Design and build large scale data pipelines to process and analyze large volumes of data.
· Build and maintain efficient data infrastructure, ensuring data quality and consistency.
· Work with the data science and analytics teams to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
· Collaborate with other engineers to build scalable and maintainable data systems.
· Develop and implement data governance and security policies.
· Continuously evaluate and improve data processes to optimize system performance.
· Keep up to date with the latest data engineering technologies and trends.
· Expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases, data warehousing, and data modeling.
· Fluency in Python and SQL. Additional data or system languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Go, R) a plus.
· Experience using data pipeline frameworks such as Apache Beam or Apache Spark at scale.
· Experience using data orchestration / automation frameworks such as Airflow, Databricks and MLFlow.
· Hands on experience with one or more of the major cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure). Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Cloud Formation, Terraform) a plus.
· Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
· 5+ years of experience in data engineering or related field.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
· Experience in machine learning or data science.
All positions at Press Ganey require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The specific checks are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Press Ganey, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Press Ganey's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required for the position.
Press Ganey Associates LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and well committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Notice – Press Ganey will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $96,000 - $150,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus or commission tied to achieved results.
Putting Human Experience at the heart of #healthcare.