Big Data Engineer - Spark and Scala
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Big Data Engineer - Spark and Scala - REMOTE to join our team in Mclean, Virginia (US-VA), United States (US).
Big Data Engineer – Spark and Scala
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Create Scala/Spark jobs for data transformation and aggregation.
- Produce unit tests for Spark transformations and helper methods.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Write Scala doc-style documentation with all code.
- Design data processing pipelines.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Ability to design and implement end to end solution. Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience with Spark and Scala.
- 5 years of experience in Hadoop programming
- Experience with Object Oriented, multi-threading, and concurrency concepts.
- Experience Spark and Spark architecture
- Experience with Kafka, NiFi, AWS, Maven, Stash, and Bamboo
- Experience writing MapReduce jobs.
- Experience with database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience with YARN, AWS EMR
- Experience loading data with tools like Talend and Sqoop
- Experience with cloud database like AWS Redshift, Aurora MySQL.
- Experience with Apache Zeppelin/EMR Notebook.
- Experience using workflow/schedulers like Oozie or Apache AirFlow.
- Experience with Hive and HBase
Location & Travel:
Position is in McLean, Virginia with the possibility of remote work for candidates in Eastern time zone of the United States.
Where required by law, NTT DATA provides a reasonable range of compensation for specific roles. The pay range for this remote role is $113,500 to $163,200. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target compensation for the position across all US locations. Actual compensation will depend on several factors, including the candidate’s actual work location, relevant experience, technical skills, and other qualifications. This position may also be eligible for incentive compensation based on individual and/or company performance.
This position is eligible for company benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution, flexible spending or health savings account, life and AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program with company match, and additional voluntary or legally required benefits.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services' consultative approach and deep industry expertise delivers practical and scalable IT solutions to accelerate your digital journey.