Sr. Solution Architect - Data Architect
Sr. Solution Architect – Data Architect
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring a wide range of talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture – where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Within Kinetic (a division of Syneos Health) our strengath is the efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. The Senior Data Architect supports our business goals by designing data infrastructure to extract and organize data to support the needs of our customers.
· Work independently to solve complex open-ended questions.
· Lead and manage the design, testing, and implementation of databases (Azure SQL and/or Snowflake) that support productionized BI dashboards (PowerBI, Tableau) and custom analytic applications.
· Focus on the coding visuals for the database; compare and analyze statistical information to identify patterns, relationships, and problems.
· Provide recommendations for maintenance and optimization options related to data storage and delivery that includes plans for integrating internal enterprise data resources (e.g., Veeva, Salesforce MC) and external third-party data sources.
· Set up database QC monitoring resources, and help troubleshoot issues related to data ingestion, security and technical resources and pipeline failures.
· Document and organize findings including data retrieval, stand up libraries.
· Replicate results and present to management and/or customers as required.
Work alongside data engineers to develop comprehensive automated ELT workflows that align with database design.
· Mentor and coach junior team members across the business.
· Degree (BS/BA, MS/MA preferred) in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Engineering, or related field is required.
· Experience with Azure stack (Data Lake/Blob Storage, PowerBI services, Azure Data Factory (or equivalent), Databricks) and production level experience with on-premises Microsoft SQL Server
· Experience with Snowflake or other cloud data warehouse tools.
· Experience with healthcare marketing analytics, healthcare data (claims) and common medical coding sets (ICD, HCPCs, NPIs) is a plus.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position may include a company car or car allowance, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and individual performance, and flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $85,000 to$75,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
Syneos Health® integrates clinical, medical affairs and commercial expertise to accelerate biopharmaceutical success