Lead Data Engineer
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Are you interested in serving as an integral part of our digital marketing team developing new tools and capabilities that will continue to advance Lumen’s reputation as a technology leader?
In this role, you will be partnering closely with marketing, operations, and data science teams to utilize terabytes of data and translate them into actionable insights to create a competitive advantage for marketing/sales initiatives to win market share. Furthermore, you will be accountable for building and operationalizing critical components and tools to ensure the data coming in and going out are of the highest data quality and integrity. In the end state, the data solutions built and operated by you would rival the absolute best in the industry in engineering, operations, and usability excellence.
The Main Responsibilities
You are a great fit for this position if you:
- Have strong passion in building reliable, accurate datasets that power end-to-end user scenarios and used in business decisions.
- Highly believe that data is an asset that must be accessible to and applicable by every function in a modern business to guide and assess growth investments.
- Are passionate about Data Engineering and believe that it is one of a kind emerging discipline and career path that you want to grow in.
- Enjoy building and operating data services at terabyte and higher scales to enable data driven organizations.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience building data models and performing complex queries using SQL
- Experience performance tuning large datasets
- Experience building large data pipelines and/or web services
- Strong programming skills with Python and other scripting languages
- 4+ years of Business Intelligence or software development experience using industry technologies
- 3+ years of experience in building integration with upstream and downstream systems with REST APIs
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and business teams, drive issues to closure
- Strong understanding of data engineering and data stewardship roles in an organization
- Strong time management and organization skills. Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field such as Statistics or Data Science
- Strong familiarity with big data and Hadoop ecosystem of tools is highly valuable
- Knowledge of Lumen data, systems and processes including paid media, financial and inventory systems highly desirable
- Experience with ETL and data integration development using multiple tools, including Informatica, Microsoft SSIS or other technologies
- Combined IT and Marketing background
- Machine Learning, Data Science, and statistical modeling experience are highly valued
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 326635
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :72540Salary Max :161520
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.