Senior Data Engineer
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amplify Consulting Partners is a data-first consulting company trusted by Fortune 500 businesses to deliver high-impact professional services across the technology ecosystem—from data engineering and visual analytics to data-driven marketing and program management.
We build and empower high-performing people by promoting growth and connection across our company culture. We don't just hang core values on the wall, we make every decision with them in mind—developing trusted, long-term relationships on a foundation of transparency and accountability.
We hold ourselves accountable for creating an authentic workplace where every person feels heard and experiences a sense of belonging.
We believe that organizations can be an instrument for positive human impact when they champion a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment. We do this at Amplify by enacting programs and policies that promote DEI—and with humility, if we miss the mark, we rigorously amend our practices to better achieve our targeted outcomes.
Simply put, we turn our words into action.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Amplify is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for building API scrips between multiple data-sources and using Alteryx to curate and transfer to SQL server. Knowledge of Snowflake or Azure is a bonus. Any given project will involve a mix of technical and non-technical stakeholders, so you’ll also communicate and document your work for a range of audiences. You’ll allocate most of your time and energy on hands-on client work. However, if your ambitions include scoping projects, honing technical best practices, or developing new business, then we’ll ensure you have opportunities to test the waters. The successful candidate will bring an attention to detail along with modern engineering practices and help us build a high quality, modern data architecture at scale.
What makes you a great fit?
- You’re an all-around data geek who finds satisfaction in solving data problems and creating orderly systems.
- You’ve spent years writing complex SQL queries on a daily basis and have mastered the art of turning plain-English business requirements into SQL.
- You’ve built production data models from scratch following (or inspired by) a star schema.
- You have at least a working knowledge of Alteryx, Rest APIs, SQL Server, and are eager to dive deeper into additional technologies like Snowflake.
- You aren’t necessarily a visualization expert, but you’ve spent enough time in reporting tools (like Power BI, Tableau, or Looker) to understand how they interact with data models.
- Your communication is clear and concise through every medium.
Please note that we unfortunately cannot provide sponsorship at this time.
SALARY AND BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS
At Amplify we take a holistic approach to total rewards in order to invest in the satisfaction and success of our employees both now and in the future. We consider the whole person and want to support our employees in living full lives both personally and professionally. The following is an overview of what you’ll get as a member of our team.
Salary Range: We are committed to equitable and fair pay practices. For this role, the base salary pay range is $110,000 - $160,000 a year. We consider a variety of factors when making compensation decisions and generally do not hire employees at the highest point of the pay range. We share this to ensure transparency, expectation-setting and education for candidates considering opportunities with us.
- 50% remote work option
- Flexible time off (time to recharge when you need it!)
- 11 observed holidays
- Medical/dental/vision – employee is covered at 100%, dependents are subsidized
- Parental leave, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance options
- 401k program and Amplify matching up to 3%
- ‘Amplify You’ program – $1,000 annually for your own development or investment in well-being after one year
- Student loan payback program
- Mentorship and training opportunities
- Business and employee referral bonus opportunities
OUR HIRING PRACTICES
At Amplify, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes all employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe it enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving clients throughout our communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Amplify is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HR@amplifycp.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Amplify Consulting Partners
Building and empowering high-performing people since 2017