Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Data Engineer with deep knowledge of Big Data technologies and their interactions.
Candidate will have skills in the following:
Languages: Python; Scala; Java or other necessary languages like golang interfacing with APIs.
Database systems: MSSQL; Postgres; MySQL; Vertica; Object stores; S3.
Cloud and big data services: AWS; Spark; Kafka;
The successful candidate will be responsible for: strategic planning; data modelling; systems design; ETL strategies and processes; prototyping and implementation.
This role provides an opportunity for a senior engineer to facilitate data sciences and product supportability engineers to be successful by creatively enabling access to appropriate datasets.
- Must be a US Citizen working within the USA
How you’ll make your mark:
- Create highly complex data pipelines
- Contribute to on-going design enterprise class resilient data storage and data query infrastructure
- Responsible for ETL - Extract, transform and load data. Interact with - and understand – the requirements of multiple groups to create complex solutions and environments which enable business and customer success
- Collect RAW unstructured data from different sources and channel them into central data bases and structures
- Complies with established development guidelines and standards
- Writes high quality, testable, maintainable code and documentation
- Participates in pull-requests/code review process
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- You have 10+ years of commercial data engineering experience
- You have experience working with the following databases and systems: SQL/NOSQL; MSSQL; scality; Postgres; MySQL; Vertica; Object stores; S3; ETL strategies and processes
- You have experience working with the following languages: Perl; Python; Scala; Java or other necessary languages such as Golang, interfacing with APIs
- You have an interest in expanding your skillsets to Data Science in the future would be a big plus
- You have experience working with the following cloud and big data services: AWS; Spark; Kafka
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
States with Pay Range Requirement
The expected salary/wage range for a U.S.-based hire filling this position is provided below. Actual offer may vary from this range based upon geographic location, work experience, education/training, and/or skill level. If this is a sales role, then the listed salary range reflects combined base salary and target-level sales compensation pay. If this is a non-sales role, then the listed salary range reflects base salary only. Variable incentives may also be offered. Information about employee benefits offered can be found at https://myhperewards.com/main/new-hire-enrollment.html.
Annual Salary: $109,400.00 - $251,500.00Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, the global edge-to-cloud company. Sharing our passion and purpose through technology and innovation.