Sr. Data Engineer III (Snowflake DBA)
Helping the Everyday Consumer Build Financial Health
As a leading financial technology platform, OppFi powers banks to bring credit access to millions of everyday consumers who are locked out of mainstream financial options. We go beyond our mission - to help people rebuild financial health - and further ensure we keep the customer at the center of everything we do. We are creating a Customer-obsessed culture with the capital "C".
And it starts with our team here. We are a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals who thrive in being immersed in diverse talents, expertise, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We welcome individuals who want to make a difference in the financial system by creating and building simple, transparent products that facilitate credit access, enable savings, and build wealth.
A few other fun facts about us. OppFi has been an Inc. 5000 company for six straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business, and was named on Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Data Engineers are important members of the Database team who work collaboratively to design database solutions to meet our reporting, analytics and data science needs. Our team supports architecture, design, ETL, and database administration tasks for both OLTP systems (PostgreSQL) and data warehouses (Snowflake).
What you'll get to do:
- Leverage Snowflake to make several layers of OppFi data available for reporting, Data Science and analytics.
- Hands-on work administering and architecting our Snowflake Data Lake/Warehouses/Marts
- Enforce corporate data security and privacy standards in the Snowflake environment
- Support and refine Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse environments at both a strategic/architectural level as well as an operational level.
- Work with our Data Science team to integrate more Snowflake Data Shares into our data ecosystem
- Focus on the efficient usage of Snowflake across OppFi both in terms of total costs as well as performance
- Operate in close partnership with the site reliability engineering team to develop PostgreSQL and Snowflake infrastructure
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation about once every 2 months
- Participate in the hiring process for technology candidates within a well-defined process
What you'll bring to the team:
- 8+ years of experience of hands-on data engineering and/or administration experience, preferably including both Snowflake and PostgreSQL databases
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with Snowflake, preferably with some level of Snowflake certification
- Substantial SQL experience (required)
- A sense of customer service and empathy
Our Tech Stack:
- PostgreSQL (AWS RDS)
Reports to: Manager, Data Engineering
Job Level: Sr. Tech III
The minimum salary for this role is $170,000. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO and President, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you'll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
- You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
- You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your Journey
- You’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash, and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.