Data Engineer/Senior Data Engineer (Master Data Management)
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption through data that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Data Management Engineering organization is looking to add a Data Engineer or Senior Data Engineer to the Master Data Management (MDM) team. This candidate should strive to perform in a fast-paced environment, where new ideas are supported and rewarded. This team operates under agile principles while striving to deliver continuous wins for a long-lasting product. Responsibilities include the analysis, development, and execution of Master Data Management solutions of moderate complexity in order to manage the information lifecycle needs of Liberty Mutual – Global Risk Solution (GRS). The candidate will develop, construct, test, and maintain data architectures for the Informatica MDM platform. They will establish and build data systems including providing standards, policies, practice, procedures, governance and quality assurance for data deliverables. In this role you will work on a highly collaborative team that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment. You will have the opportunity to help lead this change with us as we grow this culture, mindset, and capability.
- Design and develop moderate complex programs and tools to support ingestion, curation and provisioning of enterprise data to achieve advanced analytics or reporting.
- Build and design data models and data architecture of low to moderate complexity that improve accessibility, efficiency, governance and quality of data.
- Make recommendations for how to improve data.
- Provide successful deployment and provisioning of data solutions to production or other required environments Identifies possible process improvements that address technology gaps within a single business process of moderate complexity.
- Build proficient knowledge of technology enablers.
- Analyze and prepare moderate to complex technology enabled recommendations to address gaps within a single business process.
This is a range posting. The hiring manager is open to a Data Engineer/Senior Data Engineer . The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate’s overall experience and skill level.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional development experience in data engineering concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Strong experience working in cloud platforms (AWS)
- Experience working in Master Data Management.
- Experience in MySQL, Modeling / Normalization, Oracle, DynamoDB, CDK, Serverless Architecture Patterns and well Architected Framework.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Experience with Data practices and technologies including data lake, data warehousing, data integration patterns (ETL, services, messaging), analytics and business intelligence.
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, Test-Driven Development and practices
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
Nice to have:
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Get your free insurance quote online from Liberty Mutual. Bundle your policies to save on auto, renters, home, motorcycle and more.