Sr. Data Engineer
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Global Streaming’s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Applied Machine Learning Group within Paramount Global Streaming’s Advanced Technologies division focuses on deploying machine learning techniques to improve products. We are passionate about working with diverse teams and leading by example. Does this sound like you? Join us at Paramount!
Getting a vast body of metadata ready for use in AI products is never easy. The AMLG group at Paramount Global is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team to design and develop sophisticated products that collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scalable and reliable way both for ourselves and our customers.
- Work with the product manager and lead engineers to design and develop a variety of features, reusable components and products for metadata availability for recommendations, search, streaming services and reporting interfaces.
- Implementation of features in distributed backend systems
- Take initiative in the architectural design, implementation, and delivery of product features
- Analyze and optimize data pipelines, and pursue simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance
- Use independent judgment to take existing code, understand its function and change/enhance as needed
- Triage and fix reported bugs as well as issues related to performance
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Become a subject matter expert on core data pipelines and orchestration systems and how they support services for Paramount + and Paramount + International
- Build relationships with sister Product Engineering teams to help improve development process and eliminate inefficiencies
Work with Product to deliver data to Product Analytics via Looker Studio
Support data pipelines, orchestration and data validation microservices for Personalization and Search
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant development experience
- Solid foundation and programming experience in Python, Java or Scala for Spark
- Working knowledge of developing data pipelines and data validation processes
- Development experience in one of the major Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Solid knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores in Google Cloud Platform like CloudSQL and BigQuery
- Hands-on experience with Apache Beam and/or Argo Workflows
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A demonstrated capability for creative thinking, and intellectual exploration
- Experience writing, debugging, and performance tuning on distributed cloud systems
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on a task, collaborating with other engineers to design and implement features
- Familiar with agile software development process
You might also have –
- Strong understanding of technologies in Google Cloud Platform (GCP certification)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and cloud deployments
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience developing solutions within container orchestration systems
- Desire to contribute to the open-source community (i.e., blogs, source code, etc)
- Strong interest in data engineering for MLOps
Hiring Salary Range: $125,000.00 - 155,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The latest news & updates from Paramount. Home to iconic studios, networks & streaming services. Creator of fan-favorite entertainment for audiences w...