Sr Data Engineer and Architect
Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
We are looking for a key contributor & thought leader to join our new Data Operations team. Work closely with Sr managers & other team members to build end to end data solutions/workflows that support/enhance our OLAP activities. This role will be responsible for overseeing data migration/integration services (architectural guidance) and coaching teammates on Microsoft/Azure data stack and dataset architectures. This role is a member of a small, nimble, team working in a fast-paced environment for a great company where your opinion and experience matters. We have grown seemingly exponentially in the last couple of years and now have a need to dedicate a significant resource to these efforts.
Who We Are:
We’re a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we’re obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you’ll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
We Are Looking for Team Members Who Are:
- Self-motivated and achieve goals
- Obsessed with creating great experiences for our clients
- Outside-the-box thinkers
- Organized, efficient, effective – and can mentor junior team members in these qualities.
- Enthusiastic about being part of an organization that recognizes your talent
- Implement data migration and data engineering solutions using the Microsoft/Azure stack (Synapse, Data Factory, Data Bricks, Data Lake, Data Catalog, SSIS, SQL, etc.)
- Support the migration/integration of data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements.
- Analyze new data sources. Architect/implement ETL processes & datasets required to ingest/transform data. Align design and architecture patterns to drive current needs as well as future growth
- Understand and interact in all key components of Azure Data Factory (pipelines, activities, datasets, linked services, data flows, integration runtimes), Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL and Synapse.
- Provide technical mentoring, guidance, and training to less experienced teammates and provide resourceful input in completing needed data tasks
- Experience with Microsoft/Azure stack (Synapse, Data Factory, Data Bricks, Data Lake, Data Catalog, SSIS, SQL, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and data processing, performance, and scalability concepts
- 5+ years of experience with traditional relational SQL Databases, specifically Azure SQL
- 3+ years of experience with Integration and processing from multiple data sources using tools such as Azure Data Factory is required
- Strong ability to think strategically and align design and architecture patterns to drive current needs as well as future growth
- Understanding concepts of data cleansing techniques including, but not limited to, outlier removal, data imputation, data standardization and aggregation
- 3+ years of data engineering experience leveraging Azure technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks, Apache Spark, Synapse.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, thought leadership and the business value of solutions in a clear and understandable way
- A relevant technical BS Degree and 5 years of experience working with data integration tools, or 10 years of relevant professional experience implementing well-architected data integrations and data pipelines that are dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable for analytics and platform solutions
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- Aya also offers other benefits to those that are eligible and where required by applicable law, including reimbursements and discretionary bonuses
- Aya provides paid sick leave in accordance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws. Aya’s general sick leave policy is that employees accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked. However, to the extent any provisions of the statement above conflict with any applicable paid sick leave laws, the applicable paid sick leave laws are controlling
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves.
- Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited DTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily
Compensation: Aya reasonably anticipates the pay scale for this position to be an annual salary of $150,000 to $190,000.
The pay scale for this position may vary if applicant possesses experience outside of what Aya reasonably anticipates for this position. Bonuses are subject to the role and your manager’s discretion.
Aya is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including Disability / Vets, and welcomes all to apply. Please click here for our EEO policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Aya Healthcare has facilitated amazing travel healthcare experiences since 2001.