Senior Engineer, Platform
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About The Role
Veho is growing our engineering team! Our platform has found a strong market fit and our business is growing quickly. As an engineer, you will work closely with an experienced, fast-moving product and engineering team to deliver amazing products for our clients, customers, drivers, and internal teams. We are reshaping the e-commerce landscape of the future...Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery while creating an exceptional and progressive environment for our team! You will be responsible for architecting, building, testing, and deploying features to our customer, client, and operations user bases! You will work closely with leadership, our outstanding engineering team, and other amazing team members.
- Development of features to delight our customers with best in-class experiences
- Ownership over the production operation and monitoring of the systems related to the team’s charter, including SLAs, reliability, and scalability.
- Close collaboration with partners in design, product, ops, program management and engineering to design and implement high quality solutions, including developing and documenting technical recommendations, scoping implementations, and owning end to end development of functionality
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and trends and their impact on Veho’s products and systems
- Mentor and develop others less senior members of the engineering team in areas related to technical and professional growth
- Participate in code reviews and engineering best practices, including feedback to peers
- Ensure compliance with security standards and best practices
What You Bring:
- Has 4+ years of experience building, testing, and deploying applications in high-traffic production environments
- You have experience providing detailed technical feedback and mentorship to exceptional and high-performing engineers with highly diverse skill sets and backgrounds
- Ability to break down abstract problems into concrete solutions
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatches them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary. Requires minimal direction/oversight
- Demonstrated experience in improving the reliability and scalability of technical systems
- Effective partnership with a diverse group of cross-functional peers - engineers, product managers, designers, operations, and business stakeholders - at different technical levels and contribute to technical outcomes.
- You strive to use your thoughtfulness and empathy to understand the challenges they face and how you can work together to solve problems for the business
- You have a proven track record of designing, building, and supporting reliable systems in production. You are able to see around the corners and identify key problems that require a solution for the systems you are building
- Tech Stack: AWS Serverless Infrastructure, Typescript, Node.js
- The starting salary for this role is $148,300. The actual salary is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company.
- #LI-Remote in the closing section of the job posting
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be able to understand and effectively communicate orally and in writing with all parties regarding work matters, which are generally conducted in English.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Your application has been successfully submitted.