Sr. Data Engineer
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
This is a work-from-home position.
The Senior Data Engineer will be part of the Data Engineering team responsible for developing and deploying Engineering and Integration solutions. Primary responsibility will be to work closely with the Data Architects and Machine Learning Team to implement data solutions for the organization using big data and cloud technologies, creating technical specification documents and test plans. Also provide support for the data solutions across the enterprise.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand business processes and how they are modeled in various systems
- Work with business users, technology teams, and executives to understand their data needs to create innovative solutions to fulfil them
- Design, organize, and implement data structures, workflows, and integrations between enterprise platforms to ensure the accurate and timely execution of business processes.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Guiding decisions and establishing best practices on data integration/engineering, as well as the future of our data infrastructure
- Managing and improving the performance of our database, queries, tools, and solutions
- Creating and maintaining data warehouse, databases, tables, SQL queries, and ingestion pipelines to power reports(Tableau), dashboards, predictive models, and downstream analysis
- Writing complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models for our teams and reporting platforms
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Identify and analyze data patterns
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Work with analytics, data science, and wider engineering teams to help with automating data analysis and visualization needs, advise on transformation processes to populate data models, and explore ways to design and develop data infrastructure
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SCOPE: The incumbent works independently and relies on judgment and experience to complete job responsibilities. The incumbent possesses an extensive range of knowledge of practices and procedures within the field and acts a resource for less experienced team members. Work is varied and complex.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similarly relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of data engineering experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with OOP, SQL, schema designing, data modeling, designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Strong experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-Oriented/object function scripting using languages such as Python, other big data technologies.
- Database development experience using SQL, SPARK, PL/SQL and SnowSQL and experience with a variety of relational, NoSQL oriented databases like Hadoop, MongoDB.
- Strong experience in data curation/aggregation/preparation using Azure Data lake, Azure Data Factory, DBT and distilling data into meaningful insights with hands-on expertise on Azure and Snowflake/Databricks
- Experience with Snowflake warehouse and developing applications on Snowflake, SnowSQL, Snowpipe, & Stored procedures
- Experience with Informatica ETL products or IDMC is a plus
- Extensive experience in triaging data issues, analyzing end-to-end data pipelines and working with business users in resolving issues.
- Experience in working with data governance/data quality and data security teams and specifically data stewards and security officers in moving data pipelines into production with appropriate data quality, governance and security standards and certification.
- Exposure to containerization using Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Adept in agile methodologies and capable of applying DevOps and increasingly DataOps principles to data pipelines.
- Strong ability to design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata and workload management.
- Ability to work with both IT and business in integrating analytics and data science output into business processes and workflows.
- An agile learner who brings strong problem-solving skills and enjoys working as part of a technical, cross functional team to solve complex data problems
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects and requests at any one time
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
Short- and long-term disability
401(k) + match
Generous Paid Time Off
Paid company holidays
Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program
The salary range for this position is $130k-$150k. Specific offers take into account a candidate’s education, experience and skills, as well as the candidate’s work location and internal equity. This position is also eligible for health insurance, 401k and bonus opportunity.
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here opens a pdf file.
Your application has been successfully submitted.