Senior Data Engineer- Enterprise Data
At Dicks Sporting Goods we are creating the future of sports, driven by powerful data products and platforms that serve our Athletes and Teammates.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our passionate team, adding your background and experience making us even stronger. In this role, you will build dataset and make them accessible to our partner teams by writing great code to simplify the complexity and ensure quality. Your work will enable product teams, data science, and decision-makers across the company to bring together insights and inform our business.
At Dick’s Sporting Goods are constantly seeking to improve ourselves. We believe that trusted, easy to consume data is the critical and as a Senior Data Engineer your work will help to build that foundation.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, reliable data models and extremely efficient pipelines to build quality data and provide intuitive analytics to our partner teams.
- Make data more discoverable and easier to use for Data Scientists, Analysts and Other Product teams across the company.
- Mentor team members in software delivery within Data in an Agile Environment
- Own solution across entire life cycle while utilizing strong problem-solving ability
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews to elevate the quality of data engineering across the organization
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support during and after business hours
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
What you bring:
- 8+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and development using data technologies such as Relational & NoSQL databases, open data formats, building data pipelines (ETL and ELT) with batch or streaming ingestion, loading and transforming data.
- Expert in SQL and/or SQL based languages and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Strong understanding of Normalized/Dimensional model disciplines and similar data warehousing techniques.
- Strong experience working with ETL/ELT concepts of data integration, consolidation, enrichment, and aggregation in petabyte scale data sets.
- Experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure (Preferred), Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouses – e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse, RedShift, etc.
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing (Kafka, Pub/Sub)
- Grasp of data management principles: Data Lake, Data Mesh, Data Catalog, Data Quality, etc.
- Experience in BI tooling such as Qlik, MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI or Looker
- Experience with orchestration tools (Control-M, Airflow etc)
- Strong communication skills across different mediums to craft compelling messages to drive action and alignment
- Comfort with agile delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment – Scrum, SAFe, utilizing tools such as Jira, Confluence, and GitHub
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with one of the following industries: Retail, Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing or Marketing
- Proficient in Linux/Unix environments
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
The target salary range for this position is between $83,000 and $138,200. This is part of a competitive total rewards package that could include other components such as: incentive, equity and benefits. Individual pay is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay regularly to ensure competitive and equitable pay.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Every Season Starts at DICK'S Sporting Goods.