Sr. Data Engineer
As the world leader in serving science, we solve the world’s toughest problems, like giving cancer patients hope, ensuring water and food are safe, helping law enforcement solve cases through forensics and most recently, serving as the largest provider of COVID-19 solutions. Our Data Science, Digital and IT careers are a unique opportunity to apply your specialized skills and advanced experience in analytics, statistics, data science, programming, information technology and more to drive our Mission of enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. It’s truly a career where your work makes a positive impact in our world. When you join Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll make an impact inside and outside the company on work that matters. #TechWithPurpose
Do you love challenges and enjoy creativity? An exciting opening has arisen for an experienced Marketing Data Engineer/Analyst to work closely with our Marketing Analysts!
We are looking a person to provide both developeing datalake pipeline capabilities and analyze complex datasets. This person will provide analysis on all data related subjects, from identifying and extracting data, crafting both relational and non-relational Data Marts, and driving data lake requirements with IT for the Enterprise Data Platform. We need a Sr Data Engineer who can own, collaborate and deliver. This role will analyze, design and develop an efficient data framework and will use the architecture to support Instruments and Customer Care project initiatives. Good interpersonal skills and able to present data findings to a broad audience of non-executives are key for success.
- Lead team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Architects, Data Quality Engineers.
- Use Databricks, PySpark, AWS to build data pipelines and deliver the data for near real time lake houses.
- Analyze SQL queries and assist in improving performance and provide data quality insights from available data.
- Integrate multiple marketing data sources into customized data lake and design an efficient data architect to meet growing business demand.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in data integration and pipeline development.
- Excellent experience in Databricks and Apache Spark.
- Data lake and Delta lake experience with AWS Glue and Athena.
- 5+ years of Experience with AWS Cloud on data integration with Apache Spark, Glue, Kafka, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, Redshift, RDS, MongoDB/DynamoDB ecosystems.
- Strong real-life experience in python development especially in pySpark in AWS Cloud environment
- Design, develop test, deploy, maintain and improve data integration pipeline.
- Experience in Python and common python libraries.
The Salary range estimated for this position is $104,400-$150,000. This position will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of offer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and ...