Director, Data Visualization Platform Engineer
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
Pfizer’s Chief Digital Office (CDO) leads the transformation of Pfizer into a digital powerhouse that will generate patient superior experiences which results in better health outcomes.
The Analytics Experience team, which is part of the Artificial Intelligence, Data and Advanced Analytics (AIDA) organization within Digital Health, Medicines, and Artificial Intelligence (DHMAI), is responsible for the creating a seamless experience for analytics experts to harness the potential of big data, machine learning, and interactive analytics through a unified platform across the enterprise – from scientific/clinical to commercial across all Pfizer geographies.
Part of the Analytics Experience team are a group of Platform Engineers who are responsible managing components that form the enterprise analytics platform.
This platform will be the digital engine that brings together investments we have made into a unified experience for colleagues that take us to the next level of value creation. It powers next generation insights by developing enterprise-grade data foundations, allowing data to flow horizontally, enabling a versatile analytics environment, and embedding insights into day-to-day work to create a digital, data-driven culture.
In this role, you will act as the capability lead and product owner for the Data Visualization platform that serves a diverse group of colleagues – ranging from novice business analysts to expert data scientists – across the enterprise. The role will require the ability to flex between technical engineering of the platform and hands on working knowledge creating data science applications as a user of the platform.
You may have a software development background, or an engineering background or you were raised in a modern data analytics culture from the start of your career. You will have the ability to work with technology vendors, support resources, delivery partners, Pfizer stakeholders, and apply emerging and traditional technologies for analytics improvements in support of enterprise analytics platform strategy.
- Accountable for the design, engineering, security, compliance, release management, governance, financial management, product roadmap, and service / operational oversight of data visualization platforms.
- Relationship management and oversight of external partners / technology suppliers (including software license, solution providers, and cloud hosting agreements.
- Financial management of platform infrastructure, software, and service providers.
- Partnering with senior leaders to understand business objectives and influence solution pattern to standard enterprise analytics pattern.
- Lead enterprise-wide data visualization technical oversight and mentorship for geographically dispersed colleagues and contracted team members.
- Technical coordination and collaboration with Pfizer Digital service providers both within and outside the AIDA team: Digital Client Partners, Digital Architecture, Digital Creation Centers, and Enterprise Platform and Security teams.
- Partner with User Success team to maintain key informational content, drive platform adoption, and champion a strong user community.
- Fostering an engineering culture of high performance, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the operations of global enterprise data visualization platforms that include Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI, and possible future investments environments globally – and supporting self-service tenants.
- Automate operation, installation, and monitoring of the data visualization platform components in our infrastructure stack.
- Manage and resolve critical support issues with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Ensure document knowledge in the form of incident notes, technical articles, and contributions to knowledge bases or forums within specific areas of expertise.
- Measure and monitor service and support performance and health (SLAs, KPIs, etc.)
- Collaborate with engineering and support teams on platform lifecycle management.
- Develop and maintain operational run-books and training curricula for support team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 10 years of professional experience.
- At least 5 years engineering or technical role experience, ideally involving a complex and rapidly evolving software/product.
- At least 5 years of experience with BI and data visualization development and/or platform management.
- Proven track record of executive level presentations and ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and partners.
- Grit when faced with technical issues - you don't rest until you understand what is happening and why things are not working.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical individuals as needed.
- Deep interest and enthusiasm for transformative data visualization and insight generation.
- Experience with BI platforms like Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI, or similar tools.
- Strong Windows and/or Linux system administration experience.
- Comfort working with reading code.
- Experience working with at least one type of relational database and SQL.
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with DevOps and information tools – e.g., JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Yammer, etc.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems like LDAP, Kerberos, AD, and IAM.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Experience debugging networking issues such as DNS resolutions, proxy settings, security groups.
- Some knowledge of data engineering / business intelligence.
- Agile / SAFE Certification.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 5, 2023
- Additional Location Information: Costa Rica, Remote; India, Remote; Any Pfizer Site, North America; New York City, NY; Collegeville, PA; United States, Remote
- Work Location Assignment: Flexible
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $144,900.00 to $232,200.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 20.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives.