Software Engineer - Data
Deep 6 AI is a fast-growing tech startup headquartered in Los Angeles, California looking for talented, dynamic team members who want to help shape our groundbreaking artificial intelligence platform. This is a remote opportunity, and we have a significant number of team members in Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and Nashville.
We are transforming and accelerating clinical trials, to help get life-saving treatments to patients faster and accelerate innovation in healthcare. To that end, we build a cutting-edge software suite that connects all clinical research stakeholders, from research teams to treating physicians, patients, and study sponsors on a real-time, real-world data SaaS platform, powered by AI.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer - Data to join our team. This engineer will have significant impact at Deep 6 AI by ensuring our data pipelines are robust, fault-tolerate, and capable of handling kilobytes to petabytes of complex medical data. They'll also work cross-functionally to support a variety of data needs ranging from analytics and machine learning through product development.
What You'll Do
· Strong object-oriented and functional language familiarity including fluency in at least one major JVM language including Java, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure; Python is a plus.
· Experience with advanced data modeling as it relates to:
o Database storage technologies including relational, columnar, key-value, document-oriented, etc.
o Serialization technologies and relevant applications beyond JSON/XML such as Avro, Protobuf, and Thrift
· Experience with AWS DynamoDB, Lambda, and Kinesis is a plus
· Experience with the Linux ecosystem ranging from provisioning VMs and containers to authoring and executing command line tools
· Experience working with cloud provider ecosystems including but not limited to AWS
· Strong understanding of distributed data processing concepts:
o Fault tolerance
· Experience optimizing performance metrics, such as
o Memory Usage
- A minimum of 5 years of technical experience developing data-intensive software
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to build technical roadmaps consistent with organizational goals
- Experience designing software for self-directed use by both technical and non-technical internal consumers
- Experience working with personally identifiable information (PII), ideally in a HIPAA-compliant context
- A major plus if the applicant has experience working with healthcare data, specifically HL7 or FHIR standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science-related field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure) certifications or equivalent combination of training and experience
Pay range in Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location
Base salary: 140-160k per year
Full remote or work in our Pasadena office
Our Engineering Culture
We are a very collaborative group that is inclusive, fun, and hard-working. We appreciate the value in diverse backgrounds and experiences so that we can create the best product through different perspectives and ideas. Deep 6 AI welcomes remote work and has fully-remote teams throughout the country; we strive to create an environment where you can do your best work in the environment and location that is best suited for each individual. As a member of our team, you can expect to work with intelligent, curious, and motivated peers who value and respect your perspectives. - Deep 6 AI is headquartered in Los Angeles and has a significant number of employees Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and Nashville.
In addition to competitive salary and a unique opportunity to thrive at a growing company, Deep 6 AI offers various formal benefits as well as a generous PTO plan which includes sick and vacation days, and as well as employer-paid medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance. In addition, wwe offer Voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability coverage. A 401k plan is available, too.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They're not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Deep 6.
At Deep 6, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Deep 6 is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.