Principal Data Engineer
WCG’s clinical solutions are built on a foundation of best-in-class clinical services companies. We deliver transformational solutions that stimulate growth, foster compliance, and maximize efficiency for those who perform clinical trials. WCG is proud to serve the individuals on the frontlines of science and medicine, and the organizations that strive to develop new products and therapies to improve the quality of human health. It is our role to empower them to accelerate advancement, while ensuring that the risks of progress Never outweigh the value of human life.
The Principal Data Engineer will work within the Data & Analytics team to help design, implement and support the data platforms at WCG. This position will initially focus on implementing, supporting and extending data governance and analytics tools within the data platform and will work with the WCG Technology Solutions team to provide services back to source applications and enable self-service analytics and the data helpdesk. This role also supports the evolution of WCG’s other data-related services and tools.
To be considered for U.S.-based positions unless currently employed by WCG, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by start date.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Data analytic or similar or a combination of education, skills and related experience; advanced degree in Software development or data science preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Software services, Enterprise tools, Data Science, Statistical Programming, Quantitative Analysis or related field
- Experience implementing and supporting 3rd party tools within an existing software infrastructure
- Experience in Agile development techniques
- Experience with data querying and analytics tools
- Experience with enterprise-level platform development and operations
- Significant Experience with querying and knowledge of SQL and No-SQL databases
- Experience in analyzing data from business line data applications and data providers
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Excels at understanding the interface between data science and business to develop tools that can bridge the gap between technical and domain knowledge
- Works with Software developers, Data Scientists and product managers to provide capabilities to enhance existing and new applications
- Works with the rest of the Data team and others across the organization to develop an analytical capabilities roadmap
- Drives operational excellence while fostering a culture of continuous improvement and accountability across all team members
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here
- Up to 10% travel may be required for face to face internal and/or external meetings.
At WCG, our employees are our most asset and as with all our assets, we invest in them with an eye toward future success. We provide each eligible employee with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their personal and financial health and to help them make the most of their future.
- Comprehensive Benefits package - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Disability, 401K with match, and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs and additional work/life resources
- Referral Bonuses and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Opportunities for career development with on-the-job training, certification assistance and continuing education reimbursement
Expected annual base salary range: $97,200 to $136,000
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, reprisal or any other legally recognized basis or status protected by federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s leading provider of solutions that measurably improve the quality and efficiency of clinical research.