Senior Data Pipeline Engineer
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and build data pipelines to process terabytes of data
- Design and build best in class processes to ingest, process, clean and standardize data
- Troubleshoot data issues
- Tuning and optimizing data processes
- Work on Proof of Concepts for Big Data and cloud technologies
- Partner with other technical teams to transfer data within and across environments
- Modelling of big volume datasets to maximize performance for our BI & Data Science Team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Computer Science bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Writing complex SQL queries
- 3+ years of Building ETL/data pipelines
- 3+ years of experience with the following: R, Scala, Python, or Linux
- 2+ years of experience with data engineering: Snowflake, AWS (S3), DataBricks and ecosystem
- 2+ years of Developing processes in Spark or a similar application
- 7+ years of DB, data engineering, and leading projects
- Experience working in projects with agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience with Data analytics (Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience with AirFlow
- Experience in Aha!/CA Rally Agile tools
- General knowledge of database, computer architecture, server, network, and storage
- Comfortable handling large data sets
- Solid aptitude to learn new skills, team collaboration and lead project
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team player
- Eager to learn about and work on a variety of different projects/assignments
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities/requirements/deadlines
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UnitedHealth Group helps people live healthier lives and helps make the health system work better for everyone.