Senior Data Engineer
About the role:
We are seeking a passionate data management practitioner. This engineer has in-depth knowledge of data operational efficiency and effective management of data environments – platforms and tools. You will inspire data engineering teams to build solutions to drive data quality, security, and effectively manage and monitor the data ecosystem of analytics, data lakes, warehouses, and MDM platforms and tools.
What You'll Do:
- Create a strong partnership with Product Strategy, Data Engineering, IT, and leadership for Data Management technologies for “well managed” and effective data platform and tools operations.
- Lead your team in building data management solutions that span all data platforms – MDM, data lake (relational, NoSQL), data warehouse, and data tools (Data Catalog, Schema Management, Data Discovery, and Data Lineage).
- Lead the adoption of state of the art data management tools like Apache Avro and Apache Atlas for federated data discovery and lineage.
- Build-out new or transform existing Data Management tools or processes including data quality and governance, central monitoring, data cataloging, and reference data or MDM functions.
- Develop best practices that support an agile workflow while maintaining a production environment that is closely controlled so both the source code and data can be audited and traced.
- Partner closely across the enterprise to ensure data management and quality are built-in upfront.
- Be an evangelist across the organization for data quality and overall security, stable, reliable systems, and engineering excellence.
- Technical Skills - Proficiency in Python, SQL, and technologies/tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Airflow for implementing scalable data transformation infrastructure. Strong knowledge and experience in defining technical Master Data Management strategies, implementing MDM services and capabilities, Metadata Management, Data Governance, and Data Quality solutions. Experience implementing data governance/metadata management platforms like Apache Avro and Apache Atlas.
- Subject Matter Expertise - Knowledge of healthcare data (e.g., claims, eligibility, provider, care management practices, EMR), and demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind. Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly matrixed environment.
- Insight Solution Design - Translate business needs into practical applications and solutions and can easily make the connection between detailed analytic / reporting / BI outputs and implications for the business, turning insights into business actions.
- Communication - Strong persuasion skills and an effective communicator; ability to create and communicate a compelling vision internally and externally.
- Agile - Experience working in or managing Agile teams is highly desirable.
- Healthcare and insurance - content or domain knowledge, data pipeline, and warehousing expertise highly desirable
The Unite Us Story:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they saw barriers and inefficiencies among their veteran community in trying to navigate the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for everyone in need through technology that connects people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position location is remote, US based
- Target range: $150,000-175,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
- You will only be contacted by a Unite Us team member with a Unite Us email address regarding any Unite Us job openings. We will never contact you through a third party.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.