Azure Data Engineer, Lead
We're looking for a Data Engineer to provide thought leadership and design, build out, and support Azure cloud data management platforms. As a Data Engineer on our team, you'll translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan by crafting the architecture and future state of our data analytics and visualization platform. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
Empower change with us.
- 8+ years of experience with software and cloud engineering and architecture in the domains of data infrastructure, software development, and Azure technologies
- 4+ years of experience with Azure cloud environment and Azure services, including Azure Databricks, Synapse Analytics, and Data Factory
- Experience working with data pipelines involving large data
- Experience guiding teams in rapid prototyping of new Azure Services
- Experience with data ingestion and data pipeline patterns
- Experience automating deployment of Azure services
- Experience with MS SQL and Azure SQL
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with languages, including Python, .NET, Java, Bash, and PowerShell
- Experience working with and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and versioning tools
- Experience working with Agile product development
- Experience working with and implementing NIST security controls
- Experience in Azure Kubernetes
- Ability to research and propose new products and services
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $112,500 to $257,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meet the challenges on the journey to financial security with confidence. Lincoln Financial solutions can help along the way.