At Precision Castparts (PCC), we make extraordinary products for aerospace and other industries. This is made possible by the hard work and creativity of a diverse and global workforce. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusiveness, empowerment and respect that embraces the differences in who we are. Working together, we will continue to solve complex problems every day.
We are relentless in our dedication to being a high-quality and on-time producer, delivering the highest value to our customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC employs more than 20,000 people worldwide in over 120 plants spread across twenty-six states in the US and over a dozen countries.
The Data Engineer delivers data to internal customers to enable actionable analytics. The data to be delivered includes raw data, transformed data, integrated data, in either batch or streaming mode, and must be tailored to meet the various business use-cases and downstream applications. To meet these needs, the Data Engineer must command a broad set of skills that span CDC, ETL, big data frameworks, API integration, IoT, data warehousing, business intelligence, and machine learning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to centralize and integrate multi-plant/system data within the enterprise data lake
- Develop and maintain efficient ingestion and transformation pipelines
- Monitor data pipelines and ensure they meet quality and timeliness SLAs
- Partner with data stewards, analysts, and scientists to ensure data is fit-for-purpose
- Partner with business unit leadership to provide strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access, and use
- Support data governance and master data initiatives
Experience and Education:
- 3 years’ experience as a data engineer or similar role such as data developer, data architect, ETL developer, integration specialist, etc. (5+ years preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in data engineering, data science, analytics, computer science, or a related field (or equivalent job experience)
- Preferred master’s degree
- Preferred to have at least one related certificate such as Certified Analytics Professional, Azure Data Engineer Associate, AWS Big Data Specialty, etc.
- Highly motivated and independent learner
- Experience building data pipelines in cloud environments
- Experience with big data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Cloudera, Databricks, etc.)
- Deep understanding of database systems, including relational, time-series, and NoSQL
- Experience ingesting data from various sources such as databases, REST, IoT devices, etc.
- Fluency in a SQL language
- Fluency in a data preparation scripting language (Python preferred)
- Experience with a data visualization tool (Power BI preferred)
- Occasional travel to support sites, attend team meetings, and for training. Travel up to 15%.
For informational purposes only, the range for annual base salary for this role is $70000 to $100000 US Dollar (USD) Salaried based on a variety of factors. Also, for informational purposes only, this role is eligible to participate in the Company’s Executive Bonus Plan, paid out up to 20% of the applicable annual base salary, based on the Company’s performance in the prior calendar year. Employees will also receive 96 hours of vacation leave every year. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families) are eligible to participant in the company's med
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Manufacturing the world’s largest and most technically complex castings. With few exceptions, every aircraft in the sky flies with parts made by PCC.