naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time. naviHealth is looking to hire a senior-level software engineer with experience building mission-critical service-oriented applications. This role is a key-contributor to the organization and future technologies. Successful candidates will possess proven experience developing and delivering quality software solutions. Moreover, have a genuine passion and energy to grow within an aggressive and fun environment, using the latest technologies in alignment with the company’s technical vision and strategy.
The Data Warehouse Engineer plays a critical role in building and supporting naviHealth’s Enterprise Data Warehouse to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for designing and developing enterprise applications utilizing primary technologies such as SQLServer, Bigdata, and moving from on premise to cloud infrastructure. This is a collaborative position that will partner with both technical and non-technical colleagues to support naviHealth’s growth strategy, innovative mindset, and commitment to quality.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, code, test, and deploy new data warehouse features
- Ensure that the established standards are followed for application architecture, development, documentation and deployment
- Actively participate in code walkthroughs/inspections to ensure consistency and quality
- Follow the established software development methodology
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other departments to plan and deploy new data warehouse releases or product enhancements
- Analyze query performance and perform query tuning to assist development engineers in designing and optimizing queries
- Troubleshoot production support issues in the application environments
- Extract data from disparate sources and transform into internal formats for loading into our platform
- Perform technical analysis and requirements definition with our partners on service integrations
- Travel requirements: None
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with Data Engineering, design and development of data structures and ETL processes in MS SQL Server or Oracle environment
- 3+ years of experience with Data Warehouse design and development
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau solution development, and integration with existing architecture and data engineering assets
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, managing and supporting OLTP, OLAP or Warehouse Database Management Systems
- Understanding of quality assurance and data quality principals as applied to an ETL architecture
- Critical thinking abilities to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views and features
- Solid ability to communicate technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate with other team members in the execution of large-scale projects
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UnitedHealth Group helps people live healthier lives and helps make the health system work better for everyone.