Senior Software Engineer, Data Pipeline
Ready to be a Titan?
Play a pivotal role as our Data Platform expert! As a Senior Data Engineer you will be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan to help improve our products and build new ones. This is an exciting role for an engineer to come in and lead the major feature development in the rapidly growing startup. We build for perfection, use the most modern tools, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you might find yourself in a perfect company.
What You'll Do:
- Define solution design for data ingestion and data delivery. Understand a broad range of design approaches.
- Work Able to lead projects and mitigate risks. Delivers independently. Design, develop, test and deploy software. Build scalable, reusable and maintainable solutions.
- Communicate effectively with other software engineers, product managers, data analysts/scientists and business users.
- 70% development / 30% working on requirements and design.
What You'll Bring:
- At least 5 years of Data Engineering experience
- Experience building data streaming solutions (e.g. Kafka, Azure Event/IOT Hub, SNS/SQS, Kinesis)
- Experience building data pipelines (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Kafka Connect, Flink, Spark, Pig)
- Experience with Cloud Store and Database ( e.g. Azure Data Lake, S3, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Redshift, Vertica)
- Experience with Infrastructure automation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of distributed systems and Restful APIs.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Experience with Source Control, Unit testing, Debugging, Monitoring and Alerting and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and more.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
ServiceTitan is committed to fair and equitable compensation for all of our employees. We thoughtfully consider a wide range of factors when determining individual compensation. The expected salary range for this role is between $113,000 - $162,000. Actual compensation for an individual may vary depending on skills, performance over time, qualifications, experience, and location. In addition to the base salary, the total compensation package also includes an annual bonus, equity and a holistic suite of benefits.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The operating system for the trades. ServiceTitan helps hardworking contractors grow their businesses and reach the level of success they deserve.