Junior Data Engineer
Chemonics International is currently seeking a Junior Data Engineer to support our Global Technology Infrastructure Division. As a Junior Data Engineer at Chemonics, you will be an integral part of our data management team. You will work closely with the data management team to build and maintain data pipelines, design data models, and ensure data quality and accessibility for various stakeholders. This role will provide you with an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in the field of data engineering.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data Pipeline Development: Collaborate with the senior data engineers to design, develop, and maintain ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) pipelines to collect, process, and move data from various sources to data repositories
- Data Modeling: Assist in designing and implementing data models to support analytics and reporting needs. Work with structured and unstructured data sources
- Data Quality Assurance: Monitor data pipelines and proactively identify and resolve data quality issues. Implement data validation checks and error handling procedures
- Data Integration: Work on integrating and transforming data from different systems and formats, ensuring consistency and compatibility
- Documentation: Create and maintain documentation for data pipelines, schemas, and data dictionaries to facilitate easy access and understanding of data structures
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams including data analysts, data scientists, and business stakeholders to understand their data requirements and deliver appropriate solutions
- Performance Tuning: Optimize data pipelines for performance, scalability, and reliability. Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Automation: Identify opportunities to automate repetitive tasks and enhance data engineering processes
- Stay Current: Keep up-to-date with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends in data engineering.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Strong problem-solving skills and a logical mindset
- Familiarity with programming languages such as SQL, Python, Powershell, DAX
- Basic understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and ETL processes
- Familiarity with data modeling and schema design
- Experience with data integration tools and technologies is a plus
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Regular attendance and availability during normal business hours are required
- Ability to work in a normal office environment
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Normal office environment; usually moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to environmental conditions include exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather
- Ability to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks a year.
Apply by 11/23/23. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Chemonics will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Chemonics, or (c) consistent with Chemonics legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Salary Range for this position is expected to be: $78,800 - $98,500.
An employee’s pay position will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, performance, shift, travel requirements, and business or organizational needs.
Overtime exemption status may change due to state regulatory requirements.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, ESOP, 401(k), and other benefits to eligible to US based employees. Please visit https://chemonics.com/life-at-chemonics/our-benef
Our global network of specialists shares an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.