Otter Products is currently recruiting for a Data Engineer to join our Data team! You can be based in our Fort Collins, CO office with flexibility to work a portion of your time remotely, or 100% Remote in the U.S.
The Data Engineer applies professional experience, concepts, and company objectives toward building and operationalizing the minimally inclusive data necessary for the enterprise data initiatives following industry standard practices and tools. The bulk of the Data Engineer's work would be in designing, managing and optimizing data pipelines, then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers like business/data analysts, data scientists or other stakeholder that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases across the enterprise. The Data Engineer also ensures compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines to enable faster data access, integrated data reuse and vastly improved time-to-solution for data and analytics initiatives. Additionally, the Data Engineer will be expected to collaborate with other data team members and data consumers working on the models and algorithms developed by them toward optimization for data quality, security, and governance to put them into production leading to potentially large productivity gains.
About Otter Products
Otter Products, we grow to give. From our founder's garage in 1998 to the global technology leader we are today, Otter Products continues to drive growth through innovation.
Through our industry-leading brands - OtterBox, Liviri and OtterCares - we provide our partners the number-one selling and most trusted products in our categories. Our philanthropic spirit is the foundation on which we foster our partner relationships, allowing us to grow and to give - together.
By way of our charitable arm, the OtterCares Foundation, we support our communities and invest in our future through education that inspires kids to change the world.
And even as our global community of Otters continues to grow, our founder's core values are still at the heart of everything we do. We measure our success by our ability to give back to our communities and strengthen opportunities for all.
For more information visit otterproducts.com
- Complete analysis, design and development of BI solutions using Azure SQL Server
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse concepts
- Experience coding the extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes
- Database development primarily in SSIS, Data Factory and SQL
- Partner with the business to determine end user database/reporting needs and requirements
- Generate ad hoc reports using Power BI or SSRS
- Collaborate with other developers to create and implement best approach solution(s)
- Troubleshoot Azure tools, systems, and software
- Review queries for performance issues, making changes as needed
- Collaborate with team to performance-tune Azure application as necessary
- Assist with the analysis and extraction of relevant information from large amounts of historical business data to feed data science initiatives
- Participate and support the design and documentation of processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Support and maintain a positive safety culture by following all safety policies and procedures and actively contributing to a safe working environment
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience in an IT or analytical role required. Experience in database development, report writing and/or statistics preferred.
Otter Products, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Minimum
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Maximum
Additional Total Rewards
Profit Sharing Program Eligible, Benefits Eligible - Full Time- check out otterproducts.com/careers/why for more info
We Grow to Give.