Databricks Data Engineer
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on creating value from data for driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
For the past 20 years, EXL has worked as a strategic partner and won awards in its approach to helping its clients solve business challenges such as digital transformation, improving customer experience, streamlining business operations, taking products to market faster, improving corporate finance, building models to become compliant more quickly with new regulations, turning volumes of data into business opportunities, creating new channels for growth and better adapting to change. The business operates within four business units: Insurance, Health, Analytics, and Emerging businesses.
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Please visit www.exlservice.comfor more information about EXL Analytics.
Role & Responsibilities Overview:
- Develop and optimize ETL pipelines from various data sources using Databricks on cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experienced in implementing standardized pipelines with automated testing, Airflow scheduling, Azure DevOps for CI/CD, Terraform for infrastructure as code, and Splunk for monitoring
- Continuously improve systems through performance enhancements and cost reductions in compute and storage
- Data Processing and API Integration: Utilize Spark Structured Streaming for real-time data processing and integrate data outputs with REST APIs
- Lead Data Engineering Projects to manage and implement data-driven communication systems
- Experienced with Scrum and Agile Methodologies to coordinate global delivery teams, run scrum ceremonies, manage backlog items, and handle escalations
- Integrate data across different systems and platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to manage client discussions
- 5+ years experience in developing and implementing ETL pipelines from various data sources using Databricks on cloud
- Based out of US
- Some experience in insurance domain/ data is must
- Programming Languages – SQL, Python
- Technologies - IaaS (AWS or Azure or GCP), Databricks platform, Delta Lake storage, Spark (PySpark, Spark SQL).
- Good to have - Airflow, Splunk, Kubernetes, Power BI, Git, Azure Devops
- Project Management using Agile, Scrum
- B.S. Degree in a data-centric field (Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or other science field), Information Systems, Information Processing or engineering.
- Excellent communication & leadership skills, with the ability to lead and motivate team members
- Ability to work independently with some level of ambiguity and juggle multiple demands
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond
To view our total rewards offered click here —> https://www.exlservice.com/us-careers-and-benefits
Base Salary Range Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of the EXL base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location and experience. The base salary range listed is just one component of EXL's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, as well as a Paid Time Off policy, and many region specific benefits.
Application & Interview Impersonation Warning – Purposely impersonating another individual when applying and / or participating in an interview in order to obtain employment with EXL Service Holdings, Inc. (the “Company”) for yourself or for the other individual is a crime. We have implemented measures to deter and to uncover such unlawful conduct. If the Company identifies such fraudulent conduct, it will result in, as applicable, the application being rejected, an offer (if made) being rescinded, or termination of employment as well as possible legal action against the impersonator(s).
EXL may use artificial intelligence to create insights on how your candidate information matches the requirements of the job for which you applied. While AI may be used in the recruiting process, all final decisions in the recruiting and hiring process will be taken by the recruiting and hiring teams after considering a candidate’s full profile. As a candidate, you can choose to opt out of this artificial intelligence screening process. Your decision to opt out will not negatively impact your opportunity for employment with EXL.
We make sense of data to drive your business forward.