Senior Data Engineer (Irving, Texas)
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
CVS Health is looking for a hands-on, passionate, and driven data engineer with SQL, Python, and Cloud (preferably GCP) experience who wants to join forces with a high impact team making a difference in customers’ lives by reinventing how they connect with the most qualified healthcare providers in their area.
As part of Analytics & Behavior Change, you will be embedded in a data engineering team. You will support other analytic and data science partners who are designing and developing applications/pipelines for CVS Health across various business units. You will brainstorm with product owners, consultants, data scientists and fellow engineers to build products used to improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
As a Senior Data Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in the development of large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collecting and standardizing data that helps generate insights and addresses business and reporting needs
• Writing ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designing database systems and developing tools for analytic processing
• Collaborating with stake holders to transform data and integrate with other systems leveraging automated processes
• Using knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines
• Using programming skills in Python or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems
• Building data marts and data models to support clients and other internal customers
• Integrating data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards
• 2+ years' professional experience building data transformation and processing solutions using SQL, Python or similar programming language
• 2+ years' leveraging multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources
• 2+ years' experience on Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, any cloud platform like GCP, Azure, AWS, Snowflake
• 3+ years' programming using Python, SQL, and/or shell scripting
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using tools like BigQuery, Cloud Composer, Dataproc and Dataflow. (Experience with AWS or Azure also considered).
• Knowledge of AI and ML tools, such as Vertex AI, scikit-learn, etc.
• Experience building APIs in Python.
• Experience building large-scale applications and high-volume data pipelines
• Working knowledge of orchestration tools, such as Apache Airflow
• Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline
Master’s degree preferred
The typical pay range for this role is:
$90,000.00 – $180,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.
Wherever and whenever you need us, we bring our heart to every moment of your health.