Sr Engineer, Data Engineering & Analytics
Why Work for KeHE?
- Pay Range: $95,000.00/Yr. - $145,000.00/Yr.
- Shift Days: , Shift Time:
- Benefits on Day 1
- Flexible and health spending accounts (FSA/HSA)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Short term & long term disability coverage (STD/LTD)
- Employee stock ownership (ESOP)
- Holiday pay for company designated holidays
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor – is all about “good” and is growing, so there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you’re enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we’d love to talk to you!
As the Senior Data Engineering and Analytics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of KeHE by engaging with internal business stakeholders of all levels. You will become an enabler by providing support & guidance in defining and delivering their data engineering and analytics needs by turning data into actionable information leveraging on-prem and cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal product stakeholders to help define requirements and outcomes for data-focused initiatives
- Ability to decompose large problems and execute smaller, manageable bodies of work to demonstrate continuous architecture delivery
- Architecting and managing scalable data pipelines across on-premise and cloud data repositories
- Create data flow diagrams, and document source to target mapping
- Utilizing their business acumen, analytical mindset, and strong communication/people skills to extract business requirements and translating them into actionable tasks
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning, aggregations etc.
- Create user-facing dashboards that provide key insights at a glance for its specific audience
- Recognize and adopt best practices and cost-effective solutions in developing analytical insights on prem and in the cloud
- Provide guidance and mentor junior team members
- Keep current with Business Intelligence data trends and technological innovations
- Execute on POC’s with new technologies, drive innovation, and new ideas
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- 4 Year College Degree from an accredited university in one of the following: Finance, Computer Science Information Systems, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
- 7+ years leveraging Microsoft and its associated array of offerings (SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, etc.)
- 5+ years leveraging AWS and its associated array of offerings (Glue, Redshift, Athena, S3, Spectrum, PySpark etc.)
- You have deep expertise in Python and C#
- You have collaborated with a development team with established source control (git).
- Strong understanding data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices including multi-dimensional modelling (star schemas, snowflakes, de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions)
- Ability to work with stakeholders and changing priorities
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies to business problems
You would be a great fit if:
- You love a challenge and problem solving
- Enjoy learning and working with new technologies
- You are extremely articulate and concise
- You are proactive and resourceful with a drive to match
- You have an intrinsic curiosity for tinkering with data products
- You recognize the importance of data storytelling
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are hardworking and have a strong work ethic
- You are a quick learner and able to apply new technologies to business problems
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
KeHE Distributors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion or faith, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training as well as the administration of all Human Resources and Talent Acquisition processes.
KeHE Distributors provides Natural & Organic, Specialty and Fresh products to natural food stores, grocery stores and specialty retailers. Certified B...