Python Data Engineer
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
We're looking for a hands-on, collaborative Data Engineer to join our Master Data Management team. In this role you'll have the opportunity to manage data from ingestion to data modeling. You will also develop the APIs to meet the needs of business intelligence and reporting solutions.
We’re currently a Python and AWS focused team using a tech stack of Python, and a range of AWS services like S3, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Athena, Redshift, Snowflake, Lambda and Glue.
- Define, build, test, and implement scalable data pipelines
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Collaborate with development, analytics and reporting teams to develop data models that feed business intelligence tools
- Design and build API integrations to support the needs of analysts and reporting systems
- Develop, deploy, and manage AWS Lambda functions written in Python
- Develop, deploy, and manage AWS Glue jobs written in Python
- Ensuring efficient and scalable serverless operations
- Debugging and troubleshooting Lambda functions / Glue jobs
- Collaborating with other AWS service teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience programming with Python
- 3+ years in an ETL or Data Engineering role building and implementing data pipelines
- Keen understanding of design best practices for multiple needs including OLTP systems, ODS reporting needs, and dimensional database practices
- Experience with AWS Lambda & AWS Glue
- Understanding of serverless architecture benefits and challenges
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing pipelines
- Experience with API driven data access (API development experience a plus)
- Strong skills with Python and SQL with the ability to write efficient queries
- Experience working in agile environments
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail
- Good understanding of relational theory, data warehousing design techniques, data modeling, and data design best practices
- Ability to communicate well with multiple groups to elicit and confirm data requirements
- Collaborating with other AWS Services Teams
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
A family of #foodservice & support services companies.