Senior Data Engineer, Talent Analytics
RVO Health is looking to grow our Talent Analytics team by adding a Senior Data Engineer. In this role, you’ll be challenged to help shape our Talent Analytics strategy while working on high-priority data efforts – all in line with our broader mission of attracting diverse talent and giving them an experience that will bring out their very best. You will be responsible for scoping, executing, and delivering technical projects to stakeholders across the Human Capital organization, and producing data engineering & analytical solutions that connect them to the data they need.
What You’ll Do
- Develop/maintain data pipelines from various data sources (ADP WFN, Greenhouse Recruiting/Onboarding, CultureAmp, Docebo, etc) to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Conduct hands-on, advanced data engineering & analytics using multiple data sources originating from different applications and systems.
- Collaborate with the data science team to identify new opportunities for deep analytics within the Human Capital organization.
- Provide input into strategies as they drive the team forward with delivery of business value and technical acumen.
- Execute on proof of concepts, where appropriate, to help improve our technical processes.
- Documenting database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience
- 3+ years of writing SQL experience against complex databases for data extraction using AWS Athena (Presto), Databricks Delta Lake along with Data Modeling & Data warehousing experience.
- 3+ years of experience working on Spark (RDDs / Data Frames / Dataset API) using Scala/Python to build and maintain complex ETL pipelines and experience data processing using Parquet and Avro
- 3+ years of Python coding experience, familiar with utilizing packages such as pandas, boto3, requests, json, csv, os
- 3+ years of experience working on AWS services including Glue, Athena, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud formation, Step Functions, Serverless architecture.
- Experience with GitHub, Code check-in, versioning, Git commands
- Introduce and drive adoption of CI/CD framework within the team and build/deploy CI/CD Pipelines using Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker or PowerBI to build dynamic/scalable dashboards and reports.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge or experience within Talent/People analytics is a plus
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Able to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimal supervision.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $170,000
- *Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Access to a Free Udemy for Business subscription—thousands of hours of learning content on hundreds of different subjects at your fingertips
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
This position may occasionally require travel for training and other work-related duties.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
At RVO Health, our mission is to give people a better way to health & wellbeing. We own and operate the largest health & wellbeing platform in the US,...