Senior Data Engineer
At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will play a key role in driving data-driven insights across various departments within our organization. This position is crucial in shaping our strategy and optimizing operations in areas such as Product Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Risk Management, and more.
The Senior Data Engineer will support data ingestion and transformations across our analytics platform. This includes building data pipelines covering a wide range of sources such as product databases, event streams, and marketing platforms. They will partner with the analysts to create dimensional data models to provide standardized metrics across the organization. This role offers an exciting opportunity for an analytical thinker who is looking to join a mission oriented company.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving & critical-thinking skills to meet complex data challenges
- Take ownership and champion data topics, with the flexibility and interpersonal skills to interact across the business, and manage a project / team where required. Develop data analytics competences in the team and drive out the analytics capability
- Manage the complete data infrastructure from data orchestration through data visualization
- Develop data ingestion pipelines for new data sources using tools or custom Python scripts
- Design, implement, and document data architecture and data modeling solution Assist in team planning and assist in the wider team’s Change Management to enable change projects & business requests
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4 years of experience in data engineering
- Deep understanding of SQL. At SimplePractice we use SQL as a primary analytics tool, this skill is foundational
- Experience with processing large scale data in different formats (CSV, JSON, Parquet)
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow or Prefect
- Experience with common cloud services (S3, DMS, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- Familiarity and comfortability facilitating projects and coordinating with multiple stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills, with ability to communicate actionable insights
- Strong communication skills. Through every medium, and everyone you come in contact with, you know how to communicate effectively, elegantly, and with respect, always
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve difficult situations
- Outstanding work ethic, ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize and deliver multiple tasks on time
- Advanced data analytics, data science, knowledge of at least 1 scripting language
- ETL experience is highly preferred, including DBT
- Snowflake database engine
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure, particularly AWS
Base Compensation Range
$125,000 - $160,000 annually
Base salary is one component of total compensation. Employees may also be eligible for an annual bonus or commission and equity. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay.
The above represents the expected base compensation range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we’ll consider many factors including, but not limited to, skills, experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors.
We offer a competitive benefits program including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible Time Off (FTO), wellbeing days, paid holidays, and summer Fridays
- Mental health resources
- Paid parental leave & Backup Care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, you are subject to the SimplePractice California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
The all-in-one practice management solution for private practitioners. Currently helping over 185,000+ practitioners and health & wellness professiona...