Data Engineer & Cloud Services - Senior Consultant
We’re not like others, and neither are you. Unify Consulting is a collective of genuine, curious, seasoned consultants who unlock potential and deliver with purpose and excellence. We unify daring leaders to better the world and are always seeking co-creators, community-builders and truth-tellers who strive to multiply our positive impact.
Our business is growing, and with the expansion comes an immediate need for building our team. We are seeking experienced data engineering consultants (5+ years) with management consulting experience, who are versatile in skillset and are passionate about bringing value to our clients. We look for technology and data analytic leaders who are experts in their fields who also want to make a meaningful impact.
The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor with the ability to execute specialized data solutions and make departures from traditional approaches, if needed. They will possess skills in design, development, implementation, documentation and management of data solutions, and be expected to clearly articulate and present technical information to clients and stakeholders.
• Build complex and scalable production level data pipelines; from source to data products ready for end-user consumption (e.g. multi- dimensional model)
• Understanding of how to model data for scalability and optimized performance
• Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
• Collaborate with business users to understand the need / problem, break down requirements, and maintain communication through delivery
• Collaborate with BI developers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, Data Modelers and/or Platform owners to define the scope, design and implement the correct solution
• Produces detailed and high-quality documentation detailing design and behaviors of data pipelines
• Instill comprehension of technical concepts for non-technical audiences through presentations (executive leadership and large groups), email, and meetings
• Participate in architectural evolution of data engineering patterns, frameworks, systems, and platforms including defining best practices, standards, principles, and policies
• Working knowledge of data quality approaches and techniques
• Familiarity implementing good security practices for sensitive data
• Bring a positive energy every day and work within a team to deliver the best possible solutions
• Learn the business and the data that supports the business; doesn’t just implement technology
- 5+ years' experience in data integration, data warehousing, and data modeling, preferably recent,
- 3+ years experience with relational database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, or similar)
- 3+ years experience with ETL/ELT tools such as Apache Spark, Informatica PowerCenter/BDM, Talend, Matillion, AWS Glue, DataStage, or similar
- Experience with custom ETL/ELT and programming/scripting language experience: Python, PHP, Perl, or Scala (Python required)
- Experience with developing dynamic data pipeline frameworks (with Apache Airflow for instance)
- Expert knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, MSSQL, TSQL and NoSQL) including programmability features and techniques, as well as best practices for performance and readability
- Current experience with developing on a Public Cloud Environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience in development, design, and application of data modeling (on star-schema model), data mining and data architecture concepts and techniques
- Experience working in an Agile team and delivery capability.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay information between technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Sharp skills in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Familiarity with Data Visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
- Familiarity with common security measures for analytical systems
- Experience with source control tools
- BS Degree or equivalent required in Computer Science or similar area of study.
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Experience working with large datasets and big data technologies, preferably cloud-based, such as Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, MongoDB, Cosmos, or similar
- Proficient with NoSQL, Object-Oriented, Distributed databases
- Proficient with data preparation tools (i.e. Alteryx)
- Proficient in project management and system reliability
- Salary: $120,000 - $170,000
- + Bonus Program
$120,000 - $170,000 a year
Please note that we are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position. You must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without requiring sponsorship or visa transfer now or in the future.
This opportunity may be hybrid or remote. However, Unify only is able to hire people who reside in these states: AZ, CA, IL, MN, MT, ND, OR, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI.
Unify Consulting, LCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. Unify considers applicants regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, genetics, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Unify Consulting is a management consulting firm designed to leap over boundaries to discover what lies beyond.