Data Engineer, Product Analytics
As a highly collaborative organization, our data engineers work cross-functionally with software engineering, data science, and product management to optimize growth, strategy, and experience for our 3 billion plus users, as well as our internal employee community. In this role, you will see a direct correlation between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. Beyond this, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll have a unique opportunity to solve some of the most interesting data challenges with efficiency and integrity, at a scale few companies can match.Data Engineer, Product Analytics Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and own the data architecture for multiple large-scale projects, while evaluating design and operational cost-benefit tradeoffs within systems
- Create and contribute to frameworks that improve the efficacy of logging data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights in a meaningful way
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Determine and implement the security model based on privacy requirements, confirm safeguards are followed, address data quality issues, and evolve governance processes within allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build, and launch collections of sophisticated data models and visualizations that support multiple use cases across different products or domains
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources
- Assist in owning existing processes running in production, optimizing complex code through advanced algorithmic concepts
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts
- Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive impact
- Mentor team members by giving/receiving actionable feedback
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of work experience in data engineering (a minimum of 2+ years with a Ph.D)
- Experience with SQL, ETL, data modeling, and at least one programming language (e.g., Python, C++, C#, Scala, etc.)
- Master's or Ph.D degree in a STEM field
- Experience with one or more of the following: data processing automation, data quality, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, data visualization, data privacy
- Experience working with terabyte to petabyte scale data
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
$134,000/year to $194,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse.