iWorks Corporation, founded in 2005, is a leading provider of information technology and professional services to the federal government. We are a recognized leader in personnel security and vetting solutions, Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps, data analytics, and cloud solutions. Our continuous process improvement approach, combined with our business and technology expertise, results in innovative solutions.
About this position:
We are looking to hire a Data Architect. In this role, you will lead the day-to-day activities of project and project team supporting planning, formulation, implementation, status, and risk reporting of enterprise data management / data architecture projects. The position involves ensuring data security, and generating reports, while maintaining technical expertise in database architecture.
Salary Range: 115k - 130k - commensurate with candidate's skills, experience, location, and qualifications.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Develop data architecture artifacts such as data artifacts, reports, and data models (e.g., conceptual, logical physical), whitepapers, and other products necessary to support data integration and data migration activities
- Create data architecture and data services for major IT systems database development efforts
- Analyze user needs, develop database systems, collaborate on data architecture, including Data Warehousing and OLTP.
- Provide expertise in data storage, mining, and cleansing for informed decision-making.
- Generate insightful reports to meet user needs.
- Clearance: MUST be fully adjudicated & maintain a Top Secret security clearance or higher.
- Proficiency in data modeling concepts, Sparx EA, and relevant modeling diagrams.
- Associate/Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of Data Architecture experience
- 3+ years of IT project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of database design, architecture, security, and SQL.
- Experience in optimizing and maintaining database schemas.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data modeling solutions.
- Agile development team experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Security+ certification, preferred
- Relevant certifications in data architecture or modeling, such as Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) or TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework), are a plus.
- Knowledge of Previous experience working with DoD systems, showcasing familiarity with defense-related projects and security requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project and SharePoint.
FLSA & EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FLSA EXEMPT AND FULL-TIME POSITION
iWorks Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic.
iWorks is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment for all employees and ensuring the security and well-being of our clients. As part of our standard hiring process, we may conduct background checks and drug screenings on potential candidates to assess their suitability for employment.
iWorks is a CMMI-certified business that provides IT professional services for both government and commercial clients.