iWorks Corporation, founded in 2005, is a leading provider of information technology and professional services to the federal government. We are a recognized leader in personnel security and vetting solutions, Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps, data analytics, and cloud solutions. Our continuous process improvement approach, combined with our business and technology expertise, results in innovative solutions.
About this position:
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our team, responsible for managing projects and activities that drive the development of data layer services and capabilities. As a Data Engineer, you will play a critical role in our organization by performing analysis, documenting recommendations, and developing data architecture and data services artifacts to optimize legacy systems and establish enterprise data pipelines. This position offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects with highly complex data requirements, making a significant impact on our data infrastructure.
Salary Range: 115k - 125k - commensurate with candidate's skills, experience, location, and qualifications.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Lead and manage data layer development projects, ensuring timely delivery and successful execution.
- Perform in-depth data analysis, identify improvement opportunities, and document system optimization recommendations.
- Design data architecture solutions, including data modeling and schema design.
- Develop data services for access and processing, supporting business applications and analytics.
- Evaluate legacy systems for improvement and modernization in alignment with enterprise data architecture.
- Design and implement data pipelines for efficient ETL processes.
- Lead complex data projects, collaborating across teams to achieve project goals.
- Clearance: MUST be fully adjudicated & maintain a Top Secret security clearance or higher.
- Proficiency in data modeling concepts, techniques, and best practices.
- Associate/bachelor's degree with 5+ years of data architecture, data services or major IT systems database development teams experience
- Proven experience with database management systems (SQL, NoSQL) and data storage solutions.
- Experience in designing, optimizing, and maintaining database schemas.
- Strong expertise in data analysis, data architecture, and data services development.
- Hands-on experience with ETL processes and tools.
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills with good problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working with and supporting Agile development teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Security+ certification, preferred
- Experience with cloud-based data services and platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus.
- Previous experience working with DoD systems, showcasing familiarity with defense-related projects and security requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project and SharePoint.
FLSA & EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FLSA EXEMPT AND FULL-TIME POSITION
iWorks Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic.
iWorks is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment for all employees and ensuring the security and well-being of our clients. As part of our standard hiring process, we may conduct background checks and drug screenings on potential candidates to assess their suitability for employment.
iWorks is a CMMI-certified business that provides IT professional services for both government and commercial clients.