Senior Tableau Data Visualization Engineer - Health and Life Sciences
Leidos is actively searching for a Senior Tableau Data Visualization Engineer with certification to support our federal customer, NIH ARPA-H. This pivotal role is dedicated to addressing complex data analysis requirements within the health and life sciences domain.
- Design, develop, and manage sophisticated Tableau dashboards and reports.
- Lead complex data analysis projects and provide expert insights.
- Collaborate closely with research scientists to understand and visualize complex scientific data.
- Facilitate effective communication of data insights to scientific and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure data accuracy and effectiveness of visualizations.
- Manage data lineage and record linkage processes within visualization projects.
- Implement data obfuscation techniques to maintain data privacy.
- Mentor junior staff and lead team initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, IT, Data Science, Statistics, or a related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Tableau Certification (Tableau Desktop Certified Professional or similar) is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Tableau data visualization with a focus on complex data analysis.
- Proven experience in the health and life sciences domain; prior work with NIH, FDA, or CDC is highly preferred.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Familiarity with the specific data challenges and requirements within the health and life sciences domain. Understanding of healthcare data standards, regulations, and privacy concerns is crucial.
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling, ETL processes, and additional data visualization tools.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Proficiency in additional data visualization tools and data science methodologies.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Given the dynamic nature of technology and data in the health and life sciences sector, a willingness to stay updated on the latest industry trends, tools, and best practices is crucial
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python or SQL
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at LeidosCareersFraud@leidos.com.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.