Senior Engineer, Data Insights
The primary responsibility of the Senior Engineer, Global Data & Insights - Data Management is to build data pipelines, model and prepare data, perform complex data analysis to answer Business questions, build and automate data pipeline and quality framework to enable and promote self service data pipelines, assist in operationalizing the AI / ML Engineering solutions. This role is expected to lead and guide other team members and evangelize the design patterns as well as coding standards.
This role plays an active part in our Data Modernization project to migrate the from on-prem platforms such as IBM Netezza to cloud project
What Will You Be Doing?
- Team up with the engineering teams and enterprise architecture (EA) to define standards, design patterns, accelerators, development practices, DevOps and CI/CD automation
- Create and maintain the data ingestion, quality testing and audit framework
- Conduct complex data analysis to answer the queries from Business Users or Technology team partners either directly from Analysts or stemmed from one of the Reporting tools suchs PowerBI, Tableau, OBIEE.
- Build and automate the data ingestion, transformation and aggregation pipelines using Azure Data Factory, Databricks / Spark, Snowflake, Kafka as well as Enterprise Scheduler tools such as CA Workload automation or Control M
- Setup and evangelize the metadata driven approach to data pipelines to promote self service
- Setup and continuously improve the data quality and audit monitoring as well as alerting
- Constantly evaluate the process automation options and collaborate with engineering as well as architecture to review the proposed design.
- Demonstrate mastery of build and release engineering principles and methodologies including source control, branch management, build and smoke testing, archiving and retention practices
- Adhere to and enhance and document the design principles, best practices by collaborating with Solution and in some cases Enterprise Architects
- Participate in and support the Data Academy and Data Literacy program to train the Business Users and Technology teams on Data
- Respond SLA driven production data quality or pipeline issues
- Work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Identify and assist with implementation of DevOps practices in support of fully automated deployments
- Document the Data Flow Diagrams, Data Models, Technical Data Mapping and Production Support Information for Data Pipelines
- Follow the Industry standard data security practices and evangelize the same across the team.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or related field and 5+ years of experience in various cloud technologies within a large-scale organization
- Personal Attributes: Self-starter, Collaborative, Curious, Strong work ethic, highly motivated, Team oriented
- Experience designing and building complex data pipelines in an agile environment
- Expertise on data analysis and wrangling using sql, python, databricks
- Experience with modern cloud development and design concepts; software development lifecycle; multi-developer code versioning and conflict resolution; planning, design, and problem resolution enterprise data applications / solutions
- Demonstrated ability in developing a culture that embraces innovation, and challenges existing paradigms
- 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise Data Management or Data Engineering role
- 3+ of hands on experience in building metadata driven data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, Databricks / Spark for Cloud Datalake
- 5+ years hands on experience with using one or more of the following for data analysis and wrangling Databricks, Python / PySpark, Jupyter Notebooks
- Expert level SQL knowledge on databases such as but not limited to Snowflake, Netezza, Oracle, Sql Server, MySQL, Teradata
- 3+ years of hands on experience on one or more of big data technologies such as Cloudera Hadoop, Pivotal, Vertica, MapR is a plus
- Experience working in a multi developer environment and hands on experience in using either azure devops or gitlab
- Preferably experienced in SLA driven Production Data Pipeline or Quality support
- Experience or strong understanding of the traditional enterprise ETL platforms such as IBM Datastage, Informatica, Pentaho, Ab Initio etc.
- Functional knowledge of some of the following technologies - Terraform, Azure CLI, PowerShell, Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Functional knowledge of one or more Reporting tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, OBIEE
- Team player with excellent communication skills, ability to communicate with the customer directly and able to explain the status of the deliverables in scrum calls
- Ability to implement Agile methodologies and work in an Agile DevOps environment
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (For Colorado, New York, California and Washington): The recruiting pay range for this position is $110,000 - $136,000. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The range may be modified in the future.