ASG Data Engineer - AI Initiative
The ASG Data Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, design, and development of software solutions with a focus on Data Engineering and reporting platforms in the cloud (Databricks, Apache Spark, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and PowerBI). You will work with customers and/or internal stakeholders to understand their business needs to build new custom ETL jobs and reporting analytics. In addition, the ASG Data Engineer should have experience with relevant modern development technologies such as C#, Python, and ANSI SQL.
Any experience leveraging Azure or AWS cloud technologies will be considered a strong plus, but it is not required.
The successful candidate will be adaptable to the ever-changing technology landscape, exhibits unrelenting passion for their work, enjoys experimenting with new technologies, thrives in high-performance teams, demonstrates resourcefulness in finding solutions to challenging problems, believes in craftsmanship and possesses an infectious positive attitude.
The ASG Data Engineer reports to the Manager of ASG Software Engineering. This position is hybird, and required to report to the SHI Austin, TX office location as determined by SHI management.
Since 1989, SHI International Corp. has helped organizations change the world through technology. We’ve grown every year since, and today we’re proud to be a $14 billion global provider of IT solutions and services.
Over 17,000 organizations worldwide rely on SHI’s concierge approach to help them solve what’s next. But the heartbeat of SHI is our employees – all 6,000 of them. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Our commitment to diversity, as the largest minority- and woman-owned enterprise in the U.S.
- Continuous professional growth and leadership opportunities.
- Health, wellness, and financial benefits to offer peace of mind to you and your family.
- World-class facilities and the technology you need to thrive – in our offices or yours.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support software design process based on functional requirements
- Consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Design, develop, implement new software or modifications to existing software
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs in existing software, design and release fixes
- Create development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC and DevOps
- Support in the creation and maintenance of documentation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience reading and writing technical specifications
- Hands-on experience with developing modern, responsive web applications
- Hands-on experience with the following programming languages: Python, C#, or Java (Python preferred)
- Hands-on experience with developing software using SQL (T-SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with a relational database technology
- Hands-on experience with Git for source control
- Demonstrates excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong ability to work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- 2-4 years’ experience developing modern applications using Python and SQL
- Conversational understanding of data warehousing methodologies and ETL design
- Conversational understanding of Business Intelligence tools like Power BI, BIRT, or Tableau
- Conversational understanding of DevOps methodologies and concepts
- Position requires 10% of Travel
- The estimated annual pay range for this position is $90,000 - $130,000 which includes a base salary and bonus. The compensation for this position is dependent on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location and, therefore, will vary from individual to individual. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending.
- Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Solve what's next.