Software Development Engineer III - Data Hub
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership.
Forbes ranked Premera among America’s 2023 Best Midsize Employers because we are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Are you looking to make a difference in the healthcare space utilizing innovative technology in a close-knit team environment? We're looking for a Software Development Engineer III to support the DataHub team. DataHub is a key component of Premera’s Data platform that enables access and sharing of information between our business applications and partners. Datahub moves away from point-to-point integration to a publish-and-subscribe mechanism. The datahub ensures high quality, secure, low latency data integration between applications and services. Our business is transforming and provides a worthwhile environment for engineers to use their analytical skills paired with technical knowhow to support projects both on-prem and in the Azure cloud.
What you will do:
- Translate complex system opportunities into robust, cutting-edge solutions using RESTful .NET web API services, Azure cloud technologies, CI/CD, and TDD
- Design solutions on various platforms to improve our customer’s lives by making healthcare work better
- Work in an agile team with the opportunity to pair and mob with other engineers
- Perform unit, regression and integration testing using automated test frameworks, and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Build containerized web services using Docker
- Providing input and following the standards set by Premera Engineers to meet our Engineering Excellence principles
- Continue to grow your skills through Premera sponsored educational opportunities
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems, or 4 years equivalent experience (Required)
- 5 + years of software development experience (Required)
- Developing and utilizing RESTful .NET web API services, Azure cloud technologies, CI/CD, and TDD
- Experience in Event Based Micros Service Architecture using Kafka/EventHub
- Experience in Azure Devops / cloud services.
- Experience in Mongo Atlas/ Data Bricks.
- Experience in Data orchestration using Dell Boomi
- Experience in .Net Framework, C#.
- Utilizing tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio MS SQL Server & Studio 3T
- Experience working with cloud solutions.
- Experience using and creating automated test tools.
- Previous experience in an agile environment preferred.
- Experience with API and service-based technologies preferred.
- Experience in healthcare industry or a highly regulated environment preferred.
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at email@example.com or via phone at 425-918-4785.
Premera is hiring in the following states, with some limitations based on role or city: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin.
The pay for this role will vary based on a range of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s geographic location, market conditions, and specific skills and experience.
National Salary Range:
$82,700.00 - $140,700.00National Plus Salary Range:
$93,500.00 - $159,000.00*National Plus salary range is used in higher cost of labor markets including Western Washington and Alaska.
Our mission is to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better. Independent Licensee of the @BCBSAssociation serving AK and WA, excludi...