Data Engineer II
Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
Responsible for the development of Data Engineering solutions with a strong understanding of ETL concepts and the ability to apply those concepts broadly across multiple technologies. The Data Engineer II must have the ability to work with business users to help integrate data from multiple sources and technologies and make that data available for use in reporting and system integration.
- Manages existing ETL solutions while looking for opportunities to improve them
- Independently translate business requirements into actual solutions while maintaining a high level of accuracy and data integrit
- Independently translates business requirements into technical terms for other team members
- Collaborates with other team members to consolidate the data landscape to reduce the development time and increase consistency among ETL solutions
- Takes ownership of complex projects and ensures their complete and accurate execution with an emphasis on delivering business value
- Recommends changes to Project Architecture while following Architecture guidelines set by Senior Developers
- Sets the standards for Data Engineer I and can provide guidance as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Objectivity and openness to others views, providing solutions and creative input
- Must be able to adjust when there is a shift in priorities
- Excellent communicator with individuals and groups at all levels
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage user expectations
- Good organizational, time management, and listening skills
- Self-motivated and excited to work with different technologies.
- Understanding of ETL concepts and ability to apply those concepts to multiple technologies
- Comfortable working with source control (bitbucket, git, GitHub)
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience) required
- 4+ years of experience working within Data systems required
- 2+ years of Experience with AirFlow or equivalent training required
- 2+ years of experience in Python coding using advanced modules, Pandas, Numpy, and other libraries required
- 2+ Years of experience using ETL Tools required
- 2+ Years of strong experience troubleshooting stored procedures and other TSQL code required
- Experience working with C# or other statically typed languages is a plus
- Experience working with external REST APIs required
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later required
- Microsoft SQL Server performance tuning
- Experience with AWS systems and concepts for ETL. AWS Glue (or equivalent), Simple Storage Solutions (s3), Lambda, boto3 required
- Experience with Data Lake development is a plus
- Knowledge of different file formats, including JSON, CSV, Parquet, fixed width required
Compensation & Benefits:
The Compensation for this position is listed below. Local minimum wage laws apply. This information is posted pursuant to local requirements to provide applicants with information about what they might be eligible to receive. Individual pay decisions will depend on job-related factors such as experience, education, skill, performance, and geographic location where work will be performed.
Successful candidates may be able to participate in one or more incentive compensation or short-term incentive plans, which could generate additional earnings in accordance with the terms of each plan.
Full-time SelectQuote employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.
Base Salary Minimum
Base Salary Maximum
We make shopping for insurance easy. Life, auto, home or Medicare—we can provide unbiased price comparisons from trusted insurance carriers in just mi...